cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dang it! (: ( Update on Sam ) :)

MarilynH
2 21 192

My hubby Mark, Cheryl and I never got too much sleep last night many of you know who Samantha Digger Jane Hartley is   she's our baby girl our precious furbaby her back legs have pretty much given out I believe it's time! She would be 16 on October 11th, I'm ready! BUT I'm waiting for Mark to be ready he had to go to work at least for awhile today but the decision must be made soon or at I think so I've had to pick her up last night and again today and so has Mark to get her outside to use the bathroom our poor baby girl weighs 69 lbs, Mason loves her and is getting off the bus here today through Thursday it'll be hard on him too, anyway I don't mean to ramble on I'm exhausted but I'm Smokefree and will remain so because smoking wouldn't help a blessed thing actually relapsing would only make things so much worse, I boiled Sam some hamburger and cooked her some rice she ate it right up and is now resting I'll let you know what's happening when I know I'm leaving the final decision up to Mark here's a picture of her this morning eating her hamburg and rice......

20190528_083141.jpg20190528_083348.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of her as a baby we got her when she was six weeks old.....

15590458029801102756315.jpg

Tags (1)
21 Comments
YoungAtHeart

I sit here with tears, remembering all the fur babies I have had the pleasure of loving and receiving  love in return.  It is a blessing and a curse to make that final decision.   It is so hard to do, and yet we always know, in our heart of hearts, when it's time.

My deepest sympathy.  Knowing you won't smoke over it, either.

Nancy

anaussiemom

Bebe.  Prayers for all.  It will be a blessed sorrowful day ❤️

51152215_2191377181116251_8297222207021514752_n.jpg

Barbscloud

This just always hurts so much.   

Hugs

Barb

TW517

maryfreecig

You are in my thoughts, Marilyn. There is never enough time with our four legged friends. 

beazel

Thinking of you (and your family) & sharing in your sadness.

Barbara145

It is so difficult when it is time. Thinking of you.  Love,   Barbara 

Giulia

Tears on cheeks.  It's such a lovingly hard thing to do.  Glad Mason will be there with you to wrap your arms around.  Sending love and strength.  

Barb102

Oh Marilyn I feel your pain. It made me choke up to read this. We have been there too and the memories are painful. Think of the happy times and how much she was loved all these years. Gentle hugs to you

RachelMB

Oh Marilyn!  This is always so painful.  Sending big hugs your way.  We love you sweet lady! xoxoxo

Rachel

NewMe

20151224_112655.jpg    

Dear Marilyn, I wish Lucy, Henry, and I could all come to your house and give you a big group hug, and tell you that we are so very sorry that you have to make such a difficult decision. My guys are also getting on in years- Henry is 17 and Lucy is 10, and some days I just look around the room and lament "we are all getting old, aren't we?" I'm glad you have a wonderful family to help you mourn your dear friend when she is put to rest. It is a very difficult time, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'll bet you Samantha Digger Jane Hartley had a pretty wonderful life at your house, and got all the love she deserved.  Big hug going out to you and your family.

indingrl

Prayers lifted❤

jonimarie

It is a very painful, difficult but loving decision to put our beloved pets to sleep. God Bless Marilyn

Strudel

Marilyn - I am so very to here this about your dear Samantha Digger Jane! You have given her a full wonderful life and now you are faced with the difficult reality that we are only given the gift of our pets for a relatively short time. 

Please take care.....Again, I am very sorry. 

Kathy

MarilynH

I boiled hamburger and rice for Sam this morning and again for her Supper because she hasn't been eating much she lapped it up both times she seems stronger at least right now so we'll take it day by day I'll be cooking her more hamburger and rice tomorrow plus beans, brown bread and potato salad Mark made homemade coleslaw last night I'm having everyone in tomorrow for supper, my sister Cheryl is going to spend the night at my Dads tomorrow night then I'll go down Thursday and spend time with everyone before Cheryl and her husband head back to Nova Scotia on Friday, thank you for all for your love and support. XO 

Sootie

Oh Marilyn....my heart goes out to you and is breaking as I am sure yours is. We have had to make this decision so many times in our family and each time it is just as difficult. There is no way it gets easier. She is just beautiful. Hugs to you.

elvan

Oh Marilyn, I am SO SORRY, I remember when we lost our dog, she was 13 and weighed close to 100 lbs and had to be carried outside to use the bathroom, I could not do it and I could see that she was humiliated.  We don't know for sure what happened but she had been getting more and more short of breath and the doctor said it was probably congestive heart failure.  I know you are going to miss your precious Samantha Digger Jane Hartley...she knows how loved she is.  My heart goes out to you, dearest Marilyn and to Mark as well.

Love,

Ellen

cpsono

This is so hard. I’m praying for all of you. Nothing sadder than losing a beloved baby!

indingrl

So sorry Marilyn for your loss and please know we are with YOU in SPIRIT in MY Lord Jesus name amen WE lost our fur baby years ago and WE still miss her ❤ continued prayers lifted for you and family at this time - gentle hug.

Christine13

Oh Marilyn, this is such a tough time for you.  I pray for strength for you to say goodbye to Samantha Digger Jane Hartley.  I know how painful it was when my dog Ajha had to be put to sleep.  You and your family are in my prayers, and when it's time, it's time, and then you won't make her suffer.  You have blessed her with a loving house all these years.  Sending love and comfort Marilyn, you are doing the right thing.

sweetplt

((((Crying)))) I am so sorry Marilyn...I know how tough...Gosh...it is time...Sam is tired...Sending prayers and love and hugs to all of you ... ~ My heart is aching for all of YOU...~ Colleen

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....