cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY 1540

prjimm01
3 11 75

Hello friends - hope you are all well.  I have been an ex for over 4 years now and very happy about it.  I did, however, just find out that I have lung cancer.  Just a little one.  I already lost a bunch of teeth.  So ... any of you that are on the fence about quitting?  Get off that fence and do your damnedest to save your health and your life!!!

I will check back as more info becomes available.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers!

11 Comments
indingrl

CONGRATS ON 4 NON SMOKER YEARS JIMMIE! Thanks for sharing your health update and I am so very sorry you have lung cancer PLEASE keep us posted and I lifted up prayers for you- gentle hug.

YoungAtHeart

SOOOO good to see you, Jimmie - but sorry to hear about your cancer news  Do let us know as you get more information.

Knee mail being sent!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Oh No Jimmy!!!! Adding you to my prayers. So proud of your awesome quit and hopefully they have found your cancer early enough so you recover quickly! Please do keep us in the loop and stay in touch.

MarilynH

You will be in my thoughts and prayers Jimmie, I'm so glad that you're an EXer and have 1,540 glorious DOF and counting huge caring hug coming your way and please do keep us in the loop......

Bonnie

I'm sorry to read about your cancer...glad it's a little one and hopefully it can be removed and not bother you anymore.  Will be praying for you! 

elvan

Prayers coming, Jimmie, PLEASE keep us updated, will be thinking of you.  Congratulations on your four PLUS years of freedom.

Ellen

HealthyOrange

Hi Jimmie,  I am so sorry to hear about your lung cancer, but glad that it is small in size.  I will keep you in my prayers.  I am so happy that you have been smoke free for 4+ years.  Stacking those days is the best decision we ever made.  It is so good to hear from you.  Please keep us updated so we can send you lots of love.  xoxo

Jennifer-Quit

So very sorry to hear this - but so much progress has been made the in last few years in treatments. I go to Weight Watchers meetings with a lady who is a seven year survivor - and she was stage 4 when diagnosed.  Please keep us updated on your progress.

meWisconsin

Glad to hear you are still quit and rockin those 1540 days of freedom. Keep us posted when you find you find out more about the cancer. We are all praying for you.

Terry

sweetplt

Oh I am sorry about your lung cancer...but so glad you are quit over 4 years...this should help you beat your cancer ...Gotcha in May thoughts ~ Colleen 134 DOF 

Giulia

Aw, Jimmy.  Great to hear from you, but so sorry for your diagnosis.  But you sound upbeat and that's GOOD!  Quitting smoking was the best thing you could have done for yourself January 25, 2015!  Strides are being made every day in lung cancer treatments.  May you have a zip line to a cure!  Thanks for warning the newbies.  You're in my prayers.