cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Coming up on the 2 year mark

Susan57
0 4 12

September 1st will be 2 years since my last cigarette, wow I did it!

I smoked for 45 years, give or take a few years, never, ever thought I could give them up because I loved smoking and missed them in the very beginning. Gained the normal 12 to 15 pounds and at this time feel it is safe to take them off through Weight Watchers, in fact the 12 to 15 pounds is well worth it! I no longer think about smoking after a meal, with coffee, or with a drink. If a situation arises that is stressful, this is no reason to smoke, smoking will not make it any better. Any more questions I will be happy to answer........God Bless

Cheers, Sue

4 Comments
newlife5

congrats on 2 years... so proud of you  right now 2 years is just a dream for me... im at 98 days... but i donot intend to go back.. only forward... congrats again

maggie_8-1-2010

Good to see you Susan! Hope you plan to be around for a great celebration on your anniversary! Take good care!

bean5

Congratulations on 2 years coming up just around the bend.  Thank you for coming back after all this time as a non-smoker, to share your story with newbies like me.  It is very inspiring.  Thank you for a great blog and congratulations on your accomplishment.  

Susan57

Hello, 

September 1st will be 8 wonderful years of being an ex smoker.  Thinking back to the beginning of the quit it was all worth the effort. 

Never lost the extra weight gained of about 10 lbs and I say it is still worth it. There is another site you may want to visit " whyquit.com " , this site has lots of information that maybe helpful on the journey to becoming an ex smoker. 

After 8 years i hardly ever think about smoking, and at this point of my life I don't feel that becoming a smoker would ever happen. It is a tough road, this is difficult to prepare for,  and did not think I would ever succeed , well I made it and so can you. 

Keep the the ones you love in your thoughts, your faith in God, and all that you will gain with your quit.  A little information about myself: I did smoke 45 years, give or take a few years. Starting young in life I had no idea what it was like to be a non smoker, when I quit I decided to go Cold Turkey, very stressful for me and my husband.

good luck on your journey, you can do it. Talk to you again next year:)

S. Sweet