cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Big Announcement

pir8fan
3 23 479

On Saturday morning, June 30th 2018, I will come to this keyboard much like I did on January 31st 2011! In 2011 I penned the first run of The Freedom Train! On Saturday, I will write and post the final run of  The Freedom Train!  

I hope the occasion will be light and fun like the many celebrations of the past! To that end, I will not discuss here the reasons that led up to this decision! However, I am pretty sure all of you know how to reach me if you want to talk!

Please find some time to stop by and party with us this weekend, and please share this message with our friends that may not see this blog! Come by and share your "THANKS" with all the people who, through the years, have worked so hard to make this OUR FREEDOM TRAIN!        Thank You!          Tommy

23 Comments
Giulia

I'll be there!

YoungAtHeart

Well, sh*t!

I will be there - and will TRY to be celebratory!

MarilynH

I'll definitely be there too! The Freedom Train has been a huge part of my quit for nearly four years now and it has been so enjoyable celebrating milestones with everyone and being there for one another on a daily basis milestones or not.

kristen-9-7-15

Tears.

Mandolinrain

Bummer. I'm sorry it is ending but thank you Tommy for having it up and running for as long as it lasted and to all the people who conducted. Maybe we didn't always have a great turnout but sometimes it helps just one person and helps them with their quit that day. You never know. But I understand. I turn in my conductor hat with a heavy heart

AnnetteMM

I don't understand.

Strudel

I am sad - but, I understand Tommy. What a remarkable legacy the train will have! It has served this community so well! And each and every person involved - especially you - deserve all of our gratitude! Thank you! 

elvan

I am very sad to hear this, Tommy.  I have to work on Saturday but I will check in before and after work and may PM you because I am pretty out of the loop, obviously.

Best to you and thank you for getting the train up and running, I tried to ride every day.

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

I have really enjoyed being a conductor - I felt like I could contribute and be helpful to the community.  Thank you for giving me that opportunity Tommy.

I also remember the first time that I was honored on the train.  I believe it was for my first 50 days, and I was honestly excited for days leading up to it.  And I was equally excited about my last milestone recognized at 1500 days.

I know that this decision is for the best but it still makes me very sad.

Thank you Tommy, Shawn, and everyone who contributed over the years by either conducting or riding -- YOU all made THE FREEDOM TRAIN a success!

Sootie

To everything there is a season...............

The train had a GREAT run.......a fantastic "first" conductor and many other dedicated souls after that!!!!!

THANK YOU to one and all for your faithful service. It was a GREAT RIDE!!!!!!

Deena-A-Yenni

Dislike Button.  Smile.  Everything happens for a reason.  

ShawnP

No words

Stac2

Thank you to all of the conductors and to those who rode and cheered others on.  Woot woot!

newlife5

im going to try to be there tommy,.. we had alot  of fun on that train

Bonnie11.3.2009

What a fabulous idea that you brought to EX for these past 7 years!  What great work to support and celebrate such huge efforts to quit smoking by so many!  Thank you Tommy and all the conductors and time keepers for all your hard work!  It was appreciated more than you'll ever know!

SmokedOut041412

Hiya Tommy. You've been a great force in the Ex community. Thank you for always being there to support me as well as countless others! Sending love and best wishes always...

nanawendy

Thanks, Tommy, Without you and the Freedom Train, I don't think I would be 5 years smoke free.. Thanks for the wonderful ride !! Love ya !!

Daniela2016

Thank you for making it part of my daily life for over 2 years, it helped me as it helped many. 

Thank you for your service, and thank you all who conducted since I joined this group.

elvan

Thank you so much for creating the train and for keeping it on the tracks all this time, I am really worried about how we will celebrate milestones...that was a big part of my day as I suspect it was for many people.  

You certainly gave it your all.

Hugs,

Ellen

Valerie30

I quit using this online support. I havent been on this site in a minute, but seeing the changes since I last logged in, is sad. 

indingrl

Thanks Tommy and congrats on your moving forward in your non smoker life.... love love love you and May God bless you in our Lord Jesus name amen bye bye

Posamari

Ty for your time and insight. You will be missed!