cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Best Thing Ever

ReallyReal
9 13 309

This morning, at 200 days of freedom, I've been thinking a lot about this whole quit smoking thing and the meaning of it.  I know people who have never been addicted to nicotine who are glad I quit but for them it is just a simple no brainer decision that it was about time I made.  These people never felt the chains to tobacco I felt, the oppressiveness of having to always know when and where I could light up next or I'd be fidgeting with fear about maybe not getting my fix of nicotine when the monster required it. That may sound like I am exagerrating to some, but many who have struggled with this addiction know that experience I am speaking of.  My never smoking friends can't relate to that addictive behavior and thinking that was central to my every day life and so, my quitting tobacco is to them a good thing but they don't realize what a momentous thing quitting is to me.  I need to say, of any decision I have ever made for myself, stopping the use of tobacco carries with it the most  life affirming, self loving recognition of my own worth as a human being and as a daughter of the Most High of all decisions in my life.   Quitting tobacco is me saying, I want to Live and I want to Live a healthy life, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually healthy life.  It is also me saying, I believe I have the power to live free from tobacco.

So today, I want to celebrate all of us as beautiful humans who have made the conscious decision to live and to live well!!  Quitting nicotine is a big deal and a great achievement.  For those just starting out--stick with it, persevere, plan ahead for how you will respond to cravings, come to this site when you need assistance in your quit--we can lift each other up and encourage one another in this.  I celebrate each and every one of you wherever you are on this journey of Freedom from nicotine.

13 Comments
About the Author
I am 59 years old and love my four dogs and two cats, all strays I couldn't turn away. I love to be outside in my yard, watching the birds or puttering around in the dirt. I am so grateful that I let go of those inner voices that kept telling me, It is too late to quit smoking, or, Why quit now? I am so looking forward to being smoke-free.