cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

April 13th

Sportz8978
3 3 95

So I believe that is my quit date.  I have to talk with my ex coach to confirm that. But if it’s wrong it’s only by 1 day either way. But pretty sure this is an accurate. So today is day 18. For some context I’m 37yo. I’ve smoked  pretty regularly since 18. I was able to quit for a year a few years ago. But i started up again. Sadly I took one puff that that’s all I needed to start again. What a shame. I started vaping ever since then. My ex coach told me that the amount of juice I was smoking was equivalent to 110 cigarettes a day. Crazy. I took advantage of the nicotine patches and the lozenges/mints.  I did the patches while sucking down the mints like candy. I had trouble keeping the nicotine patches attached to me. I don’t know for some reason i just couldn’t get them to stick ! So I took a chance and stopped using them and decided to rely on my mints.  During that time since the 13th to now. The closest I’ve gotten to smoking. I put my vape up to my mouth and almost did it. But I said naw. I went to work in the morning and forgot my mints.  So I took another chance and was like let’s see. I survived. I am down to just a few 4 mg doses a day. Some days I don’t even take the mints. And I’m on day 18. I aim to be off these mints soon. 

3 Comments