cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Appreciation from Ellen's Family

YoungAtHeart
10 13 290

I was able to point Ellen's daughters here to the site to read all of the heartfelt messages and see the photos of their dear Mom.  Her daughter texted this to me:

"I can't tell you how much that means to us.  She viewed her Ex family as extended family and I thank each and every one for their kind words and loving memories of her.  Tracy"

❤️

13 Comments
SuzyQ411

heart.png @YoungAtHeart  ~ Thanks for doing that, Nancy.

It still feels raw, doesn't it?

YoungAtHeart

I am  heartbroken.  She was such a force, yet so sweet and kind.  I still find it hard to believe she is no longer of this earth.

😪

maryfreecig

Yes, Thanks Nancy, and I'm so sorry for your loss of Ellen. 

And yes Suzy it feels raw. Ellen was adamant about the realities of COPD and shared here experience regularly before she wasn't able to anymore a few years ago. It was hard to see her not be able be here, and it was difficult to imagine how hard it was for her just to breath. She was open and honest about COPD (and she encouraged in many ways, not only about COPD).

When I first landed at Ex, Ellen was here regularly, and through the years she carried on. As I was carving out my smobriety in year three forward, Ellen gave me a huge gift--her sober discussions about her COPD, helped me solidify my smobriety, to wander less in murkey emotions about quitting. I'd rather Ellen had a lung transplant or a miracle medication or cure of modern medicine than be left with this deep and meaningful gift...because she suffered. Even with that...I hope I think about Ellen's life and purpose when total crap comes my way. We have to cope with it all. 

AnnetteMM

What a gift to her family! Makes me consider leaving my user name/password to a trusted  person in the future.

minihorses

I didn't know she had passed.  We shared many conversations and she was the sweetest lady! She will be missed. 😪

SuzyQ411

@YoungAtHeart  @minihorses  @AnnetteMM  @maryfreecig 

and to all the rest who loved her

group hug.jpg

GROUP HUG IN MEMORY OF ELLEN

YoungAtHeart

@AnnetteMM 

FYI:  Anyone can come here and read.  You don't have to register.  You only have to go through that process if you want to post.  I just gave Tracy the website address and steps to get to the blogs.

sweetplt

@YoungAtHeart I always thought Ellen would be back at Ex’s…I am so sad Nancy along with you and everyone at Ex’s…

~ Colleen

green1611

@YoungAtHeart 

Sad news. May her soul rest in peace.!

Appreciate your efforts to connect EX and Ellen's family. Thank you.

Strudel

Thanks Nancy. Ellen created quite a legacy here with all the people she helped. Such an incredibly sweet person! 

Giulia

It's so great that you pointed Ellen's daughters here.  Love passed on.

kristen-9-7-15

Oh my goodness! I’m just seeing this. I’m so sad to hear about Ellen. She was amazing and I will be forever be grateful for her help in my quit.

Rest in Peace, Sweet Ellen

❤️ Kristen

SuzyQ411
About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.