cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Another Update

Strudel
7 18 177

Greetings dear friends. I have not been here as much lately. I hope to be back more often soon. 

My surgery for stage 1 lung cancer was 2 weeks ago. They removed my right lower lobe.  I am still in recovery mode...pretty sore. But, I plan to continue to recover and I plan to be at Virginia Beach! Thanks for your continued love, support, and prayers! 

18 Comments
SimplySheri

Take good care and heal well, Kathy!!

Sootie

So good to hear from you! You keep up the R&R!!!!! See you at the beach!

RachelMB

So good to hear from you! Glad you are on the mend.  Xoxo

Rachel 

Magstoyou

Prayers going your way for a speedy recovery!! Hugs!!-Mags

JACKIE1-25-15

Kisses...God Bless.  See you @EX 7

Giulia

Oh good.  Virginia Beach is - what? 5 weeks from now?  That's almost 2 months after surgery?  Whatever we can do to help make that happen for you, you just let us know!  If I had a magic wand, I'd flick it in your direction!  But then, I do that with my prayers.  Bright smile in your direction.

Jennifer-Quit

So glad that you checked in.  Take care of yourself!  Looking forward to seeing you in VB!

Barbscloud

So good to hear that you're on the mend.

Barb

meWisconsin

Glad to hear you are mending well.

Terry

Mandolinrain

Wrapping you in my heart with love and prayers Kathy. 

Love Missy

sweetplt

You are amazing and an inspiration to me and many Kathy Strudel ...keep healing and the good attitude going ~ Colleen 128 DOF 

MarilynH

Love gentle hugs and lot's of prayer for strength and healing for a speedy recovery sweet Kathy.......

YoungAtHeart

SOOOOOO good to hear from you.

Now - rest and HEAL!

elvan

Thank you SO MUCH for the update, Kathy.  I would imagine that removing the lower lobe is very painful.  I am so glad it was only stage 1 and that you are going to be at the beach!  Will continue with loving prayers, dear friend.

Ellen

indingrl

I am so honored to know YOU Kathy and I wanted to sincerely thank you for HELPING ME in Jan 6, 2011 to current date - April 10, 2019 - back in the day and it was on the old site - personal page when we could send pics and graphics - everyday- YOUR courage strength experience at dealing with YOUR REALTY- FACTS today is to ME - its a WOW to read your updates and tears fill MY eyes in remembering in MY EARLY RECOVERY when YOU encouraged ME to STAY quit by sharing YOUR experience back then 2011- gentle hug and HUGE thank you- just for YOU and YOUR free love teaching and understanding- gentle hug. In HIS love - I love you Kathy.

djmurray

Thanks so  much for the update, Kathy.  Can't wait to see you at EX 7!

Barbara145

You sound good.  I think you are amazing.  Removing a lobe of the lungs has to be a very big deal.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I think you are very brave.  

Storm.3.1.14

Thinking of you, my friend...as always!

About the Author
I live in Greensboro, North Carolina. I have 2 cats - Monet and Holly. I retired from teaching special education in 2004 and then taught part-time until 2013. I quit smoking on June 12, 2010 after smoking for 40 years! I am amazed daily - still - by the glory of freedom!