cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

An idea to cheer Nancy (Youngatheart) up!

Strudel
0 19 37

Thanks to Dale we have been able to keep up with how Nancy (Youngatheart) has been doing following her surgery. As we know, she has been faced with a huge challenge and is struggling to regain her strength. I know that many of us have sent her cards and posted on the Caring Bridge site. However, I had an idea for something else we could do. I ran it by Dale and Nanawendy and we feel that it may help to cheer her up.

Back on both EX reunion trips (Las Vegas and Orlando) - thanks to SkyGirl - we read blogs aloud and talked about what various members had meant to us and our quits. It was a powerful thing - not a dry eye in the house and it really reenforced what an incredible place this is! So, let's tell Nancy what she means to us - with examples!

So - here is the idea:

Come up with one or more ways Nancy (Youngatheart) has helped you, inspried you, congratulated you, made your day - whatever! She has been around here for almost 2 years - it can be your favorite blog she wrote that touched you - a comment she made on one of your blogs - something she does here that is special - a private message she sent that was important (and that you don't mind sharing with me) - messages she sent on your board - anything!

To find her old blogs - go to her home page (https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/youngatheart.7.4.12), and click on the blue "BLOG" button on the left hand side under her name. That will take you to every single blog she has written. You can do the same on your own page to find some of your old ones in which she made a comment. (For example - did she greet you on your first blog and give you some links to read!!) Anyway - find what you can and copy it - or just write up a description. Then go to my page and send me a private message (click "Send a message") and paste what you want to share as something to let her know how much she means to you.

I will take those, put them together in some sort of little booklet and mail it to her.

Again - the theme is "What Nancy means to me"! I hope you will join us in this project! Thanks! (Let me know if you have any questions.)

Kathy

19 Comments
annb
Such a wonderful idea. Yes she was one of "you" first Wise Ones to welcome me in. What a love she is! I will look back and find her msgs to me. Thank you for doing this Kathy!
Polynha

She has always been here for me, I sent you the comment she post on my first blog. She is an amazing person and I think you had a wonderful idea. Thank you Kathy!

promise_judy

Great idea! TU

smorgy8513

Great idea.....can we have a couple of days to do this or are you going to  send it right away?

JonesCarpeDiem

when sick of it nancy left for greener pastures

youngatheart nancy stepped up with the information to get people off on the right foot.

maria86

Hi Kathy what a wonderful idea to do it collectively.  I will do the research and send it your way.  Thanks Kathy XOXOXOXOXOX Much love and light Maria

Michwoman

My message has been sent!  Thanks Kathy - great idea!

violet4

so its the same nancy?

Strudel

No - Violet - it's not the same Nancy. And - yes to Sharon's question - I will wait a while to get as many responses as possible. Thanks folks! 

elvan

I LOVE it, I will be sending you a PM, thank you so much for thinking of this, really, it's wonderful!

Thank you so much for letting me know.  I would have been so sad if I had missed it.

freeneasy

Thanks Kathy- she has been a great help to me from the beginning an I really miss her.  

GreenThumb3

Very good idea 

Nyima_1.6.13

Thank you

Stac2

GREAT idea!!! I'm going looking now!  XO

linda258

How do we send our comment?  I really miss her...

summer-07-06-15

great idea thanks

wishingstar

She was one fist to welcome to this wonderful group, with information links. She is some I  respect a great deal. She also gave me a list of things to do instead.. I know she loves cats

she pur fect.

I will go trhough my old blogs

wishingstar

She was one fist to welcome to this wonderful group, with information links. She is some I  respect a great deal. She also gave me a list of things to do instead.. I know she loves cats

she pur fect.

I will go trhough my old blogs

moody_9-18-13

Nancy, you're so FANCY. 🙂

I fell in love with you because you told me MY LIFE MATTERED.

Then, I started telling OTHER PEOPLE, well, by golly, your life matters too.

The only reason I loved you was because you loved me back. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I love you.

Your friend, Moody.

By golly, you make me smile.

About the Author
I live in Greensboro, North Carolina. I have 2 cats - Monet and Holly. I retired from teaching special education in 2004 and then taught part-time until 2013. I quit smoking on June 12, 2010 after smoking for 40 years! I am amazed daily - still - by the glory of freedom!