cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Almost been 7 years without 1 cigarette

Mrs.Brock
8 7 242

Hello everyone! I'm checking in to let you all know how I've been. Some of you I've talked to a lot in the past. Many of you I don't know, but I believe in you! Quitting the physical act of smoking was only the first step for me personally. I had to ask myself some very tough questions. Like, why was I smoking? What was it pacifying for me? What can I do to substitute the endorphins I was getting from smoking? I'm happy to report I have answered those questions, faced those demons, and came out stronger than I ever imagined I could be. I do kickboxing and actually teach small groups to do the same. I'm officially a yoga instructor. I still paint...mostly private commissions. Haven't been singing to be honest, but I'm working on that goal for sure. I am no longer working with the animal shelter that I spent the past 5 years being completely committed to (for personal reasons), but I do take in ferrets that I am able to rescue on my own. Helping animals (especially ferrets) has given me so much fulfillment. My son has been my driving force, and I refuse to let him down. I want him to know it's ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. None of us are perfect. We are capable of change. I see a lot of positive things in my future that I really didn't see in 2016. If you are struggling just be strong (remember strength is also allowing yourself to be vulnerable too), reach out to us former smokers, know you are not alone, read some of our old blogs (I know mine are dark at times), but you are going to make it through this storm. I believe in you. ✌🏻💖🙏🏻-Becca

7 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Mrs. Brock!!!!

Good to see you; better still to hear about your personal journey to find your BEST SELF!

Thank you for coming back and sharing your story  I just know it will help another to read it!

Carry on!

Nancy

Mrs.Brock

Bless you and thank you so much Nancy! I know you were one of the folks that really helped talk me through some dark times. I'm eternally grateful! ✌🏻💖

Snowdoggie

@Mrs.Brock Hi, congratulations on your 7 years. It's nice that you have so many activities to keep your mind from wanting a smoke. I have been quit for 10 months. You are a good example of success. Nancy helped me tremendously with my quit, too. 🦌

Barbscloud

@Mrs.Brock Congrats on 7 years of success and it's nice to meet you.  Thanks for sharing your inspiring journey for new quitters.

Barb

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gif@Mrs.Brock Congratulations!

Strudel

Great to see you! Congrats on 7 years! 

indingrl

D07B6973-AF90-4034-9BAB-E9EA64546A65.png

@Mrs.Brock  7 NOPE YEARS LOOKS GOOD ON YOU ! Thanks for sharing and giving me hope to stay in one day at a time too.