cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

9 DOF

constanceclum
1 12 161

I can't tell you how much it helps to get on this site and read blogs instead of smoking. I was 1 one those that smoked within 5 minutes of waking up. I was so dependent on those morning cigs with my coffee to get through being a babbling idiot.

I wasn't prepared this morning with my coffee. I've been "preparing" it the night before so all I have to do when I get up is "start" it. I turned it on this morning, waited, went to get that first cup and realized I hadn't prepared it last night. Ggrrrooowwwllllll! That's what happens when we're not prepared for our quits. We are unsettled and likely to give in.

At this point, I choose to have a good, smoke-free day for, after all, we can always choose to start our day over!

Connie

12 Comments
Daniela2016

Love your choice, and have a great day!

JustSharon

Connie, We prepare our coffee the night before too!  When its forgotten we also have that growl as if its just to darned much work. Just like with smoking we wanted it NOW. I beleive with more time time under our belt we won't need the coffee or anything, just like we were smoking. Hope that helps,  Sharon

jonilou

Good choice to have a good, smoke-FREE day! The morning can be tricky and you know that and plan ahead. You're doing great!

YoungAtHeart

They make coffee pots with timers that you can program to turn on without you!  Of course, you would STILL have to remember to prepare it and put it on timer mode!!!

Just another unexpected problem you navigated through.  good for you!

Nancy

TerrieQuit

Connie, I am very proud of you! You are making good choices just one day at a time!Keep moving forward and congratulations on 9 DOF

Don't Quit on your Quit!

MePlus3
9 DOF whoo hoo! You are doing great keep it going and hold on to that quit like it's a part of your next breath! Have a beautiful hump day! Kimberly
Pops

Connie,

It is so good to see you in here slugging away @ those days.  We've been here before, and you know what is ahead.  Let's do this quit once and for always! 🙂  We can do it.

9 days is a remarkable feat, and you already know that, but I wanted to acknowledge it for you anyway.  Keep it going.

Pops

elvan

Congratulations on 9 days, Connie, DD tomorrow!  I remember those mornings, they were a challenge for me too.  9 is my favorite number!

Have a great day!

kagslee

Hi Connie, Congratulations and well done 🙂 I also woke up and had a smoke within 5 minutes so I hear where you are coming from, I have had to change my whole morning routine which is ok as now I cannot cope with the smell of coffee, it's horrid 😞  ever tried hot chocolate on a morning?

Double digits tomorrow, something to smile about xxxx

bonniebee

I got in the habit of making the coffee then going to Ex while it is brewing now I forget all about the coffee for awhile and even after I do get it and make a cup it often gets cold before I even have more then a couple of sips !

You will learn new routines and before long you will wonder why you ever needed to smoke in the morning or any other time for that matter !

I was a smoker who not only smoked first thing but often before My feet even touched the floor ! I usually lit up in the middle of the night when I woke to go to the bathroom too !

It is so nice to be free and you will be too Connie !

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 10 days.

ex-smokestack

I was just like Bonnie, and I still wake up sometimes just wanting a smoke but usually it is my legs and I have to get up. My water jug with the straw is my best friend then.  When I first quit I would pour that coffee on the way to the bathroom then grab it and my pack off the table and head for the porch with the dog. Only on the first few days the pack on the table was full of my straws. Reminded me at the get-go that I had decided not to smoke for that day So proud of you, just always remember that for now your quit is the most precious thing, to be safe guarded at all costs. It won't be long and you can resume your regular life, but it will be so much more fun.

About the Author
I'm 59 with severe COPD. I've decided I really want to live and I won't if I smoke. I have 4 grown boys, a grandson and granddaughter due on 9/10. Lots of reasons to live.