cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

8/22/17 7:00pm

CatsRsmart
2 8 147

Ran out of cigarettes. So this is what I consider my start time. Every time I tried to time my quit date with midnight & running out of a pack. It just didn't work. I just couldn't justify the money, the negatives or find any reason to continue. No patches, no gum. That cost money too and prolongs the addiction.

So I've been laying low,

Knowing I needed to give my body the three days to detox. Then the hurricane came. So glad I am still 100% nicotine free. The last day I made myself a list and I've been repeating that list and anytime that urge comes up. I tend to be a perfectionist so I knew to get past the first week, I needed to just put my head down and get serious with myself. So Cats here. 

Thanks for being there.

8 Comments
MarilynH

It's wonderful to see you Cats and even more wonderful to congratulate you on your precious return to us here at Ex, your friends and fellow Exers, stick close and know that we're all here for you and your precious ongoing beautiful splendiforous quit, yay you I'm so happy that you are back, congratulations on your awesome 9 glorious DOF and counting WTG.

MisFitz

I was the same way....I always tried to time my quit around running out at the end of the day.  It's a tricky game to play for sure. 

YoungAtHeart

SO happy you are back.  Wow - NINE days!  Good for you!

I used to buy my cigarettes a carton at a time - and had most of one left when I quit.  I gave it to a friend to give to anyone she knew who smoked.  I put what was left of the last pack under running water and into the trash.  There was no way I could have ever timed that - and wonder if trying to do so might have been kind of an excuse to keep smoking?

At any rate, you are DOING it now!  Let us know how we can help!

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome back!  I see you updated your quit date.  If you Logout and back in it should sync and update here on the community.

Mark
EX Community Manager

crazymama_Lori

welcome home.  I know you'll be successful !!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Glad to see you again.  I pray that this is the one, the forever quit.  I hope you are okay with the hurricane.  If you can not smoke through a hurricane then you are doing good.  Be Bless. You will be in my prays that you life will continue to get better, and wiser since you have quit smoking. Stay close.  We are in your corner. BTW what part of TX are you in?

elvan

CatsRsmart‌ I am SO HAPPY to see you here again...I KNOW you can do this.  Please stay close and let us know if you feel like you are challenged beyond your ability to deal with it...PLEASE.  

Big hugs,

Ellen

CatsRsmart

Thank you. I'm in Galveston County. When the Thought does come up I remember the things I have heard here