cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

68 and counting

Augustus44
7 11 212

68 is not any significant number for any milestone, but it is today, for me. I woke up thinking about having a cigarette. It has been less of a struggle than the first week, but now I'm in "no man's land," and the pull, though mild for the most part, is still there. I continually wonder if some trigger is going  get me--I remember times when I thought I was sailing along, and then some huge urge got to me, and I drove down the road, went into the convenient mart, and bought a pack. All the while, I knew that I was once again going to smoke on a regular basis. So here I am at 68 days and hanging in there.

11 Comments
About the Author
I am a writer, actually a playwright, who is oddly enough, converting one of my plays into a novel. I love to play the guitar and I am part of a group ( The Pine Hill Boys). I'm also an avid golfer, fly fisherman, and cross country skier. I have two Master's Degrees--one in American Studies, and the other in Administration/Supervision. I was in education for many years. I'm still an adjunct ( for fun) at a community college. Love it.