cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

6 months to go

joycequit022316
1 16 74

Today I mark 6 months of no smoking, and no nicotine. I'm feeling pretty good about that but not so much the 25 pounds I've also gained. I'm happy to report, though, I seem to have finally conquered my sunflower seed addiction, and the hand to mouth activity has lessened significantly. Five pounds of the 25 gained are now history, hopefully forever.  Today I see the THIRD hip surgeon about getting two hip replacements. I have a blood clotting condition which totally frightens surgeons and they like to send me away. I hear the guy I'm seeing today is brave about things like that and I am hoping being cigarette free for 6 months will work in my favor as well.

So, as promised in my last blog - I've got 6 months down. I'm going to do the 6 months again. At that point I am going to declare myself as quitting smoking! It should be pretty easy at that point 😉

N.O.P.E.

Joyce

16 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations on 6 months!  You are doing great!

shashort

Congratulations Jocye on 6 months anniversary. Woohoo!! Way to go!!!

YoungAtHeart

Do you have a university  hospital near you - there are ones that specialize in orthopaedics?  I would look for someone there - even if you have to travel a bit.

Congrats on 6 months!  That is AWESOME!

Nancy

diminsion

Congrats to you. Great job.

diminsion

Congrats to you. Great job.

cpsono

Good job!  Six months is quite an accomplishment.  You will be entering the door to the 6% club before you know it!!!     CP 454

joycequit022316

Thanks, all of you! I'm sorry, I accidently deleted someone's post in here and feel terrible about it. I sure wish this were set up more like Facebook, where you can reply immediately before you lose track of who you are answering. Sigh...such a learning curve for me...

constanceclum

Very well done with 6 mo. Praying for you to have EXcellent health care.

Connie

jonilou

Yay for 6 months! That's a huge milestone! And you have a wonderful can-do attitude! Great!

elvan

Congratulations, Joyce!  Six months is HUGE!  Good luck with the hip replacements, I hope you have found the right guy.

JonesCarpeDiem

WOO HOO! 6 Months For You!

Ed55

Congratulations! Half a year down!!

Magstoyou

Congratulations on six months-

Your Done-Way to Go

Mag 

indingrl

YAHOOOOOO AND PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE WE CAN STAY QUIT TOGETHER NO MATTER WHAT AND KEEP ON BLOGGING BLOGGING BLOGGING in Jesus name amen and amen♥FANTASTIC JOB JOYCE!!!CONGRATS ON SIX MONTHS NICOTINE AND MANY MANY MORE in Jesus name amen and amen♥

Strudel

Congrats on 6 months - and on your great attitude - about everything! I hope that things go well at the doctor. 

tjanddj

Congratulations on your 6 months!