cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

6% club

carloprivitera
4 14 145

It felt impossible one year ago ... also because you are thinking about surviving the first hour and then the first day ... but here we are!: still an addict because that will be for my entire life, but 365 days free of cigarettes!

The first 100 days have been really tough but this community helped me navigating every single hour of those days ... and if I'm here today celebrating my first year, it's because all of you!

In the following 200 days, everything became easier and more manageable ... the thoughts and dreams about cigarettes start disappearing ... I had other few crisis but my strength and ability to manage them has been so great that I have been through them pretty easily.

I've been able to start focusing on getting back in a good shape ... I did my first half marathon few months ago and I lost almost 30 pounds.

Thank you very much to all of you for being here for me. I'll never forget it

Carlo

14 Comments
RachelMB

Congratulations on 1 year!  Truly AMAZING!  It does definitely get easier.   Make sure to celebrate today-you earned it for sure! 

Rachel

YoungAtHeart

SO happy for and proud of you!

Congratulations!

Nancy

MisFitz

Whoo Hooo!  Congrats on your first year.  Many more to come!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats carloprivitera‌  I remember you joining!

Mark
EX Community Manager

TW517

Congrats on 1 year!  And thanks for the inspiration!  I'm just over the first 100 days, and looking forward to the "easier and more manageable" 200 days coming up!

elvan

carloprivitera‌ I am SO HAPPY for you and so proud of you...what a beautiful blog and what a great journey you are on.  THIS is worth celebrating!

Ellen

constanceclum

It is so good to hear of you surviving the 1st hundred days even though it was difficult. I have 52 days and there are times when I really don't think I can bear it. Congratulations on TDC!!!

Connie

Jennifer-Quit

MarilynH

A super duper congratulations on your splendiforous entrance into the 6 % club,yay for 1 glorious smoke free year and counting WTG my friend and fellow Exer, life really does get better and better without the crutch of smoking! 

KMC56

I echo your statement carloprivitera, this truly is amazing supportive site!

Super Huge congratulations on your year, and into the 6% club..it's a great feeling isn't it!!

~Kathy 

i

Giulia

You are here celebrating your first year because of YOU!  With a little help from some friends.  lol  You worked hard, did your homework, persevered and now are reaping that amazing milestone that so many wish they had.  Bravo Carlo!  Couldn't be happier for you.  Welcome to the  Elder's List!

carloprivitera

Hi Giulia,

Thank you for you email and the k you for your wonderful comments!

I'm so proud to be part of the Elser's List ... now it's the time to start

helping others ...

Carlo

Il giorno gio 31 ago 2017 alle 12:43 Giulia <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

ha scritto:

BecomeAnEX

<https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/?et=blogs.comment.created>

6% club

new comment by Giulia

<https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Giulia?et=blogs.comment.created>

- View all comments on this blog post

<https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/carloprivitera-blog/2017/08/31/6-club?commentID=707565&et=blogs.comment.created#comment-707565>

JonesCarpeDiem

WOW!

Fantastic!

maryfreecig

Good to hear from you. Glad also that your smobriety is getting better and better.