cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4 Years as an Ex-Smoker

Jono28
5 14 271

As of yesterday it has been 4 since I last took so much as a puff off of a cigarette. 4 years as an Ex-Smoker. That's (according to my tracker) 36,550 cigarettes I would have smoked - that I didn't.

Reading through my blog posts I'm amazed. Not amazed that I made it...I decided on day one that I was never smoking again. One day at a time - sometimes one minute at a time - I committed to no more smoking. What I'm amazed at is that I kept coming back here, to this community to share post after post how much I was struggling. Amazed that I was willing to share that struggle with like minded strangers and that those strangers heard my calls for help and answered. If you're having a hard time, I encourage you to post. Complain. Gripe. Come on here and express your rage at how unfair it is that it's harder for you to quit than for anyone in the history of the entire world. I get it. It felt like that for me too. For a long time. Until it didn't. 

And eventually - can't tell you when - it'll stop being hard for you too. The only way out is through. Just keep going. Quitting smoking sucks. It sucks bad. Do it anyway.

4 years later ... Read my posts. If I can get here, so can anyone. Because as I said, mine was the hardest quit in the history of the world lol

14 Comments