cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

30 days since I quit smoking.

sharon110
0 17 201

I logged on specifically to see that on my sidebar....Thanks to all of you, I would NOT have made it this far without you.I am moving in the right direction, and very proud of what I have accomplished. .  So thankful I did not wait another thirty days to stop. I recall thinking at first that "August" might be a good month to quit. To think I could be starting now what I worked so hard to achieve last month, is a horrible thought. 

There have been some rough days, and some days that were not so bad. The not so bad days outnumber the rough ones now, so very good news there. My energy level is way up. I awake in the morning, and I just get up and begin my day. I have noticed that I no longer have that sluggish feeling..I guess that smoking truly does affect everything about our lives. 

When the clock radio went off this morning at 6:30 the DJ announced the next song. "Carefree Highway" by Gordon Lightfoot. I have not heard that in years, forgot how much I liked it.....I will take that as a very good sign. "The thing that I call living is whatever keeps me satisfied and knowing I got no one else to blame"...powerful line there, got a little emotional.... I never REALLY thought I could do this you know.

17 Comments