cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

200 Days!

Bree19
6 16 119

It's very late here (nearly 2am) and I MUST go to bed.  But not before I give a shout out to every wise one (OK Elders) who helped me get this far.  I might not blog every day but I read every day - every word that's new that day.  It's helped to steady me when I felt wonky, or encourage me when I felt helpless and always a lot of smiling in between.  For me, the humour is so important.  

If you are reasonably new to this site it's the best advice I can give.  Read everything every day - new blogs and all comments - it will surprise you when you find a comment written to someone else but sounding like it's just what you needed to hear at that particular moment.

Mjust also mention that not everyone who helped me is a Wise One yet.  People who quit after me also teach me something everyday and I am so grateful for that...to know I have some people looking over my shoulder and cheering me on.

Thanks for celebrating my success/milestone with me today!  Onward to 300!!

Hugs and love to everyone.

Bree

16 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, and happy to celebrate this milestone with you!

Proud of you!

Nancy

bonniebee

I am very happy for you Bree !!! Bree19  I probably haven't helped you very much It seems like I come to Ex everyday or almost everyday but there are so many blogs and conversations it seems I never have time to read and comment on all of them  but I have followed your progress and I am so proud of your accomplishment ! 

You are sure right about all Ex'ers  being helpful I am helped and supported by my Elders, my Peers ( quit buddies)  who are also Elders ,the Newbies, the NoManlanders  and the Inbetweens.....  that would be YOU ! I think when a newbie reaches out right away to support another newbie or someone ahead of them in Numbers it is a great sign that Ex'er is really on the way to freedom !

Keep it going Bree stick with Ex and Stay strong !quit mountain goats.jpg

We carry each other !!!

RachelMB

I'm so proud of you! Look at how far you have come! It hasn't been easy but it's soooo worth it! Hope you celebrated today -you earned it!!!!  

Rachel 

Giulia

As an Elder I learn more these days from the Youngers, interestingly.  Because they remind me of how much this freedom costs, how hard won it was, how glorious each sacrifice and each success.  Every stage of the journey can continue to teach us all lessons.  And I think it's important that we continue to reinforce those lessons throughout our journeys.  By staying connected to a support site such as this  (whether actively participating, or just by reading).  

"it will surprise you when you find a comment written to someone else but sounding like it's just what you needed to hear at that particular moment."  It might also surprise you and give you comfort when you read someone else's blog and they're right with you in how you feel about the journey.  We each spy parts of ourselves in the journeys of others.  Though we may be very different people, we share a common foe.  And together we can Conquer the world of our fears!

shashort

Congratulations Bree on 200 big days of freedom! Way to go.

c2q

Hugs and love back atcha.

JustSharon

BREE!!, I'm so proud of you!!! 

Daniela2016

Bree19‌, congratulations, you did the right things, you listened, you learned, you followed, and you lead!!!

On your way to become an elder yourself, we've seen it happening here more than once, the newbies becoming teachers while marching their way to freedom.  And you are one of them!  In no time you'll be an elder yourself.

And maybe then you'll be more open to share your own journey, and if humor is the way to communicate that suits you the best, please use it!  We all need to smile, and it makes our quit so much easier.  I hate mosquitoes, but I wish they would consider...

Image result for clean jokes for adults

Brianairb2

Congratulations Bree19‌ I am humbled and inspired by your accomplishment!  (((((Big bear hug)))))

-Brian bear 82 DOF

maryfreecig

Good to hear from you, Bree. Congratulations on 200!  Humor and recovery are a good fit for sure. 

tlajbenn

Congratulations! 200 days is such an accomplishment. Thank you for sharing.

(It was very well written for 2am. I don't think I could form words at that time.) 

MarilynH

I don't know how I missed this blog Bree, sorry about that but now I can congratulate you on 201 glorious DOF! you totally rock my friend and fellow Exer.  Bree19 

Jennifer-Quit

So happy for you Bree!  200 Days!  WOW!

Bree19

Thanks for my GOOD tune Patti!

c2q

Thomas3.20.2010

You're Amazing, Bree!

Enjoy your FREEDOM!

elvan

Bree19‌ I do not think I could be more proud of you or happy for you!  You are such an amazing lady.

Love,

Ellen

About the Author
I'm a young at heart 66 year old wife, mom and Nana-Bree. I love music and dancing. I'm so grateful to every friend at Ex who walked me through my quit 4+ years ago, with hugs, encouragement, some tough love and NEVER judging. Smoke free is the way to live.