cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

11 Years of Growth in Freedom

Thomas3.20.2010
10 21 446

What an amazing journey I'm on! I didn't expect that I would succeed. Only with the knowledge and support and caring of the Becomeanex Community was I able to launch my quit and then day by day nourture it to success.

But what really has surprised me is how much I learned about myself and grew in my integrity! Smoking Cessation brings us to make decisions based on our values not being caught up in addition! That is the true gift of Freedom. I get to become who I want myself to be! I get to choose how I spend my precious time each day! I get to respect body, mind and spirit! 

Only in Freedom can I grow into the best me I decide to strive for and reach. 

I find it ironic now that I was afraid in the beginning of losing something - anything of value! The entire journey I wasn't giving up anything at all! I was gaining me. 

Any of us who has some time in our quit knows what I'm saying even though I'm describing a feeling that is challenging to imagine for beginning quitters. Just take one single day at a time and along the way keep your eyes open to blessings! Daily blessings will find you! 

LLAP

Tags (1)
21 Comments
Ladybug--7-3-12

Congratulations on 11 Years of Freedom!  

You earned it & helped many along the way in your personal journey.  Keep cherishing it (as I know you will!).   Wishing  you many more ... .

Congratulations1.jpeg

Strudel

Thomas - Big congratulations on 11 years! I thank God you were here when I arrived in June of 2010! It has been a great pleasure to be on this journey with you! Please take care! 

Kathy

JACKIE1-25-15

pastedImage_2.jpg

YoungAtHeart

WOW - not only have you remained smoke free for ELEVEN YEARS

index.jpg

but you have taught me everything I know about COPD - and for that I am forever grateful!

Miss your presence1  Glad you stopped by to celebrate with us.

Nancy

Maki

Congratulations Thomas !

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

You were one of the firsts that welcomed me to Ex in Copd quitters . Your blogs educated me , your personality alone inspired me to keep going . I won't catch up to ya in years quit ever  but I will keep going .,

You deserve the best day ever ! 

Eleven 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆Eleven ! 

MarilynH

A super congratulations Thomas (@Thomas3.20.2010) on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous awesome 11 precious Smokefree years and counting YAY for each and every YEAR WON. 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉0a1a6d818deafdbfa921f51452125ef9.jpg

indingrl

16162862143982044858625973969878.png

Thomas my brother - in His love I love you for loving me all these 10+ years💖

Giulia

WE are so lucky that you just keep spreading your beautiful quit all over the place.  Always inspiring.  Happy Happy 11th dear Thomas.  Blessings on your head!  You're a gem.  💎

Sootie

Thomas---my dear friend. I am so delighted to wish you a HAPPY 11th anniversary of freedom!. I hope you enjoyed the day.

Legend

Congratulations on 11 years Yay!  😊

indingrl

161632664524984249608574502443.jpg

16163271815541313204373729336936.jpg

TOGETHER - MY BROTHER💖 CONGRATS 👍

Barbscloud

Congrats on 11 years of success.   

Barbscloud_2-1616332417002.jpeg

maryfreecig

Hi Thomas, congratulations on 11 and thanksfor sharing your success. 🙂

sweetplt

@Thomas3.20.2010  Congratulations on 11 years of Freedom...You are a bright light at the Ex community...Thank you for always inspiring, encouraging and helping so many on this journey...🤗 Colleen 839 DOF

Trisha76

Congratulations Thomas on 11 years! I have read almost all your posts and you have been such an inspiration to me! I absolutely love it when I see a post from you as you are able to use such meaningful words.

virgomama

Your words are so true, Thomas.  I'm so glad I "popped in" to the Ex Community to read them.  Congratulations on 11 years.  You are an inspiration.

indingrl

16166236040215250391671489968905(1).jpg

Tbomas - I don't know where my other congrats graphics went - oh well here is a love congrats brother💖

Jennifer-Quit

congrats.jpeg

Congratulations Thomas!  Sorry that I missed this on your big day,

but want to say "Thanks" for all you do to help others!

Trisha76

4DE4B9AD-9AD0-48F6-8698-14182C6C8B19.jpeg

HealthyOrange

Congratulations on your 11 years, Thomas!  They look SO good on you.

MarilynH

A super congratulations Thomas (@Thomas3.20.2010) on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous awesome 11 precious Smokefree years and counting YAY for each and every YEAR WON. 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉0a1a6d818deafdbfa921f51452125ef9.jpg

About the Author
63 years old. 20 year smoker. 11 Years FREE! Diagnosed with COPD. Choosing a Quality LIFE! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1