cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

11 Years of Growth in Freedom

Thomas3.20.2010
10 21 451

What an amazing journey I'm on! I didn't expect that I would succeed. Only with the knowledge and support and caring of the Becomeanex Community was I able to launch my quit and then day by day nourture it to success.

But what really has surprised me is how much I learned about myself and grew in my integrity! Smoking Cessation brings us to make decisions based on our values not being caught up in addition! That is the true gift of Freedom. I get to become who I want myself to be! I get to choose how I spend my precious time each day! I get to respect body, mind and spirit! 

Only in Freedom can I grow into the best me I decide to strive for and reach. 

I find it ironic now that I was afraid in the beginning of losing something - anything of value! The entire journey I wasn't giving up anything at all! I was gaining me. 

Any of us who has some time in our quit knows what I'm saying even though I'm describing a feeling that is challenging to imagine for beginning quitters. Just take one single day at a time and along the way keep your eyes open to blessings! Daily blessings will find you! 

LLAP

Tags (1)
21 Comments
About the Author
63 years old. 20 year smoker. 11 Years FREE! Diagnosed with COPD. Choosing a Quality LIFE! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1