cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

10 Years

SimplySheri
10 41 808

~~If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.~~ Arsene Wenger

10 years ago today I quit smoking forever.  And I say forever because I don't smoke.  Haven't in 3,652 days and I won't ever decide to go back.

I used to come here and share what worked for me.  I believe I have thousands of blogs I have posted over the years.  Some were well received, some were ignored, and some were challenged.  I just wanted you all to quit, too.

And what I've learned over these past 10 years is that if you are going to quit, you either will or you won't.  Your quit, your time, your way.  I may say something that sparks a response in you, but with or without my words, you'll quit if you are willing.  I trust that you have this.  I have confidence in your ability.  I know that you have it in you!

Yes, I wish I could come here and tell you what worked for me and that it will work for you, too.  Easy peasy.  But the reality is that what worked for me, worked for me because it fit into my world in a way that I understood.  I don't know you and I don't know what your world is like and so I don't know what will work for you.  

But you do, friend.  Build off your strengths and create a life you love so much you won't need to smoke your way through it.  You don't need me to tell you what to do.  Underneath it all, you know.  

@Rick_M eternally grateful to you!!  I wouldn't be here without you.  @Giulia I still love you for being the first one to reach out to me here on ex!!  @JonesCarpeDiem you are the best!!  @pir8fan honored to call you a friend!  Many and much thanks!!  I could list at least 100 people here who have been a positive part of my journey.  I hope you know who you are Kathy and Marilyn and Nancy and my favorite person in the world BeeJay 🙂  Diane Joy and Thomas and well, you get the picture 🙂  So many kind, caring people on one glorious site!

I hope you quit.  Day 1 won't last forever although it may seem like it.  Day 1 turns to Day 14 and then Day 50 and soon Day 100 until you are here with me on day 3652.  Get back to who you really are-a painter, a writer, an artist, funny, sweet, kind, driven, or enthusiastic.  Anyway, I hope you quit.  I know you can.  And thank you, Becomeanex for reminding me that I could quit as well.  

Peace to all,

Sheri

41 Comments