cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

10 Days Since I Quit

Thyme
6 4 108

I bought a reward for myself for making it through my first week, as was recommended by someone on here.

I got a fancy bath bomb that cost about the same as 1 pack of cigarettes. It was hard to get myself to justify the expense, for something that will just go down the drain. I never had a hard time coming up with the money to buy a pack of cigarettes, even though when I added up how much I was spending in a month or a year or my lifetime it was truly horrifying— I always felt like I NEEDED them, or at least really really enjoyed them and they were worth it. For something that was actively harming me! And I was just going to light on fire and then throw away. What madness.

4 Comments
freeneasy

Congratulations! Sounds like a fun thing . 11 years after quitting, I don’t think as much about the money I’ve saved as I do about how bad I’d be feeling if I never would have quit and the time I wasted smoking.

Great job with your quitting. It’s so worthwhile in every way.

champsin97

Congrats on 10 days smoke free!  Keep fighting one day at a time.  Enjoy your bath bomb.  You earned it.

biscuit9

Yay for the bath bombs!!!  Bath bombs won't harm your breathing and put you in the hospital.  I love that you rationalized how ridiculous it is spending $$$$ on nicotine, just literally "burning money".  You are killing it @Thyme  and I applaud you.  Stay strong and vigilant.  You are rewriting your history.  This little bit of discomfort you have right now, is nothing compared to having to stay in the hospital cos you can't breathe on your own from pneumonia, etc.  Your body thanks you for giving it this opportunity to heal and recover.

Thyme

Good point—about the hospital! So true.