cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Social12

Tomorrow

Jump to solution

Tomorrow is my quit day from ecigs. I set it 2 weeks ago. I used to smoke cigs, then switched about 7 yrs ago. I am so tempted to extend my quit, so I need lots of support. I've read a lot on here and want tomor

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Social12 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit day tomorrow.  It's the best decision you can make for your physical and mental health. 

I'm happy to see you've been reading material on the site.  Knowledge and preparation has been the key to many a success quit.  This link has some helpful information.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

If you need support, you came to the right place.  The support I found here was invaluable to my quit after 50 years of smoking. Stay close and reach out anytime you want to share your experience or need some help.  Reaching out before you smoke, not after, really works.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Social12! I was always told, don't put off what you can do today, for tomorrow. I know there may be a little of fear surrounding your decision, but know you can do this! 

My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team. Congratulations on your decision to quit! I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! We are so excited you have joined us. This is a very supportive community so feel free to keep us all posted on your quit journey reach out and let us know if you need anything.

You may find our Daily Pledge page helpful to make a commitment not to smoke on a day-by-day basis. Posting there will also bring visibility to your journey to others who take the pledge daily.

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Barbscloud

@Social12 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit day tomorrow.  It's the best decision you can make for your physical and mental health. 

I'm happy to see you've been reading material on the site.  Knowledge and preparation has been the key to many a success quit.  This link has some helpful information.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

If you need support, you came to the right place.  The support I found here was invaluable to my quit after 50 years of smoking. Stay close and reach out anytime you want to share your experience or need some help.  Reaching out before you smoke, not after, really works.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Social12! I was always told, don't put off what you can do today, for tomorrow. I know there may be a little of fear surrounding your decision, but know you can do this! 

My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team. Congratulations on your decision to quit! I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! We are so excited you have joined us. This is a very supportive community so feel free to keep us all posted on your quit journey reach out and let us know if you need anything.

You may find our Daily Pledge page helpful to make a commitment not to smoke on a day-by-day basis. Posting there will also bring visibility to your journey to others who take the pledge daily.

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Social12

Thanks to  you and Barb!  I think I will just throw them into a glass of water.

Barbscloud

@Social12 Sounds like a good plan.  You can't vape what you don't have.  Let me know how it's going.

Barb

0 Kudos
Social12

I realized my Quit date is tomorrow after checking here. So, I put the ecigs in water tonight and I'm going to use patches. That has worked for me in the past, but I didn't have any support like these boards. So now, I should be good to go. Thanks for responding!!

Denise

McMoney

You can do this! The discomfort that’s coming is worth it.  Distract yourself when you have that thought. It will not last forever and you are more powerful than you think.   Take a brisk walk, have some sour candy, rewire your brain. When I had a craving I did a sudoku puzzle on my phone and sucked on a jolly rancher or 3.  Starve that parasite in your brain and break FREE!!  

- Meriah
0 Kudos
ReallyReal

Congratulations on this New Beginning!!  Quitting nicotine isn't the easiest thing to do, but it absolutely is doable. You seem like you have a really good mindset going into this.   Just make sure you have in mind what your tools are that you will use when the urge to vape comes--and then use them.  I had to keep my hands busy so I crocheted a lot and I often found myself twirling a pen or tapping it on my table.  I did other things as well, and sometimes had to change up my tools when one or another just didn't work that well.  There are so many techniques and tools to use to delay, distance and distract. I also told myself repeatedly, Smoking is simply not an option anymore.  You might find a mantra that works for you. You CAN do this.  Post often for support, to vent and to celebrate successes.  Wishing you all the best!!

0 Kudos