cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lindaf71

Quitting tomorrow!!

hi everyone. I just found out yesterday I have Reinke’s Edema. it’s swelling of the vocal cords and mild right now but can get worse. So I MUST quit. Will begin tomorrow. I bought patches. I’m so afraid I won’t be able to do it. But, I know I must and have to be able to do it. 

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Barbscloud

@Lindaf71 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit day.  I'm glad you found us.  Fear of quitting is normal. After all, we smoked our way through every activity and emotion, good or bad.  If you approach you quit one day at a time it will help to alleviate the fear.

If you haven't done so already, educating yourself about nicotine addiction and having a quit plan has led to success for many quitters.  This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Quitting is the best thing your can do for your health and certainly for vocal chords.  Do this for yourself and don't let yourself be overwhelmed thinking about forever.   Being successful today will build  your confidence.

We're here to support you, so reach out anytime we can help, you want to share your experience, or to support your fellow quitters.

Taking the Daily Pledge is a great way to stay on track one day at a time

Barb

Lindaf71

• Where can I find the daily pledge?
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Taking the Daily Pledge from the Home PageTaking the Daily Pledge from the Home Page

Here is a video that will show you how to pledge from the home page.

1. Get to the Daily Pledge from the home page.
  2. Get to the last page of the pledge.
  3. Scroll and Reply to the last post to take the hand of the person before you.
  4. Quote the previous reply (if it helps @mentioning the previous pledgling).
  5. Post the Reply to complete your pledge.
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Lindaf71 How are you doing?

Barb

0 Kudos

I am quitting today as well. Good luck!!! 

Lindaf71

• Good luck to you, too!!!
0 Kudos
Snowdoggie

@Lindaf71 @laurenewarner92 Welcome to Ex. If you are willing to do the work for your quit you will be successful. I came here 4 months ago and I was able to quit! Consider going to the journals/blogs area and introducing yourself, why you want to quit, and any NRT you will be using. You'll find a great community. I'm no techie but I think you can find the Daily Pledge by going to

Main menu, Celebrations and Events, Daily Pledge May. Click the last of the numbered pages to bring you to the current days pledge. Best of success with your quit.

Barbscloud

@Lindaf71  Here is the link.

Re: May Daily Pledge 2022 - Page 19 - EX Community

Go to the last page at the bottom

Barb