cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

butterflybp2

Hello

Hi, just join the group. Although I have been here since Jan of 09 and just can not get this thing done. However I have my new and ;last date up and then I will be done for good. I have been smoking 35 or is it 36 now years and tried of smoking .I want to rid myself of this once and for all. i have been reading and reading and now am so ready. March 1st is it.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
carlie

Welcome to the Group....March 1st it is, then !!!!!

I read your profile...and recognize some of the words that were put on your page. True, ya know !! Quitting IS a commitment...a decision you make - and KEEP !!!

CHANGES - -

Change the way you handle stress - Do it without a smoke !!!
Change the way you think about cigarettes - They are NOT your friend !!!
Change the patterns in your life that revolve around smoking - Do not keep doing the same things and expect different results !!!

You CAN do this....start treating yourself as a non-smoker. You are worth it !!!!
0 Kudos
claudia2

Butterfly........your key words here are "tired of smoking". When anyone gets sick and tired of being sick and tired they usually are ready to make a commitment. Aren't you tired of the smell??? The taste??? The smell on your clothes??? I hope so!! Are you using anything to help you quit? (medications, patches, etc.)?
I tried many times over my 40 years of smoking to quit, but I never did until I got TIRED OF SMOKING. I wish all the success one could offer, and please know you can holler at me if need be.
0 Kudos
jv_

Welcome,

ya know butterfly, the monarch butterfly flys from mexico to canada, with 3 or 4 incarnations it makes it back to mexico, think its smokin???

don't loose ya sense of humor, mines pretty sick, however if i don't laugh at times think i'll loose it, this is a sick dis-ez, we are not at ez, so to get at ez n becomeanEx, we have to do like Carlie said, we gotta change some things, for me it was everything, thats just me, but change the patterns the routines the people if ya have to for now, whatever it tells you on the insides to change to get past at least this initial transformation, then you make the decision thats whats gotta be done, N DO IT !!!!!!!!!, cause it ain't gona just happen with a clap of the hands, love to ya, hold on n go slow, go EZ, go with love for yourself, you are Worth it !!!!!!!!

love n joy for all
jv
0 Kudos
sally3

Hey Friend! I did not realize you were not already part of this group! I'm sorry I should have told you about it.
I'm so glad you are here! this group is awesome!

0 Kudos
butterflybp2

Thank for the warm welcome here. I am looking forward to quit with people that have smoked as long as I have
Love the awesome sign, Sally I just grab that for myself lol
0 Kudos
cory7

HI butterfly,
i'm very glad to hear that you set the date! i was on "become an EX" for about 2 wks before i quit. during those days, i just read and read and got tired of waiting. sometimes, just jumping in and trying, is better than the thoughts of misery during the anticipation. i think we just get to the point that we're ready. i know you must really want to quit or you wouldn't have stayed on this site. we're all here to help to you. YOU CAN DO IT!
0 Kudos

Welcome butterfly so glad to ahve you with us. I have the same quit date as you. This is my fourth quit after 40 years of smoking. only sliiped 2 weeks ago after a month free of it and I quit for 12 weeks last year with CHantix. OBviously going to try Chantix again. Hope we can help one anothere during our frist few weeks. What is your plan? Pat
0 Kudos
leslie15

Hey butterfly and Patricia - you both have march 1st as your quit date. How is it going? Having any trouble? We haven't heard from you guys so I'm realllllly curious. No matter what's been happening, let us know!
0 Kudos
lana3

I am 62 years old and have smoked since I was 16. I have been smoke-free for over 7 months. I have never made it this long before. I have had thoughts of smoking the last few days. I have known about this web site for a while but have just started using it. It is great. There really is strength in numbers. You guys are great!!! Every time I don't give in to that urge to smoke, I get stronger. Now I can come here for strength when I feel weak. Come on guys, it works!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos