cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hello New Here

Just smoked.my last cigarette again, hoping that I can do this. I hate cigarettes they are not enjoyable, I'm sick of the hold they have on me and really hoping I can do this. I've spent the last 6 months stocking up on 21,14,7 patches and nictrol inhaler cartridges. And now I just have to do this. Any advise or support would be awesome 

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Snowdoggie

@Gimmieshelter69 Hello, welcome to Ex. That's great that you have your patches. If you read the blogs, mostly in the journal/blogs section of the site you will learn a lot about quitting. A good book to read is Allen Carr's, "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking."  You are well on your way. I wish you the best.

MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Gimmieshelter69 you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the GIFT OF LIFE! Please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will perservere through whatever comes your way and you'll do one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time deep breaths and believe in yourself because we believe in you and we're all here to help you in any way we can, stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent, you've got this....

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Gimmieshelter69 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your first day one.  If you haven't done so already read lots of material on the site to learn about nicotine addiction and being prepared by having a plan in place.  This link is a great place to start.

Along with Welbutrin, I also used nicotrol inhalers and found them to be helpful with my quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time and to support fellow quitters.

We're here to support you, so reach out anytime we can help or you want to share your experience. 

No hoping.   You got this!

Barb

0 Kudos
EASE534

Congratulations on your decision to quit. You can do this. I too am quitting again. So I know exactly how you feel. We got this I am determined to stay smoke free. I've joined  other communities just like this one so I can get as much support as possible. I also use meditation audio books on Audible. I let my family know that I am quitting so they won't smoke around me, in the house or in the cars. I use nic patches and gum to help with the cravings. I wish you nothing but success on your journey. 

Strokesurvivor2019