cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

abdul-way

Cravings are gonna get worse aren't they?

memorial day was my last day smoking, it's 5 a.m. tuesday and i can't even sleep and when i do fall asleep i'll be late for my morning activities thats if i just don't stay up oh well anything to keep that 7 bucks in my pocket and my blood pressure down!!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
clemson

Hey brother I am there with you. I am back at work and going absolutely stir crazy tossed and turned last night.. have been building up to this moment for about two months... I guess I will keep doing what every one else does. HANG in There right?

0 Kudos
djglobal

quit smoking cigarettes 20 years ago.Got through it by drinking a glass of ice water when the cravings came.Started on these cherry flavored cigars about a year and a half ago and am having one hell of a time. can't seem to get past 6 weeks.nothing takes the craving away.

0 Kudos
sue85

Does the craving for cigarettes ever, ever go away?

0 Kudos
abdul-way

we all have to keep going i'm in day two heading into 72 hours of being clean  it's slowly getting easier

0 Kudos
sue85

I have had one failed attempt after another to cut down and quit smoking cigarettes.  I can hardly keep another thought in my head other than wanting a cigarette.  I try to keep my self busy and mind busy.  I have not been able to break the day two of terrible withdrawals even when cutting down.  Now I am going to try cold turkey and suffer through a few days.  Chantix makes me so irritable and cranky I hate the world and my cats for crying out loud.  I have tried five times now to take the chantix over the last year and a half to two years.  Cant tolerate it.  I am allergic to the glue on the patches.  I can chew the gum but the minute I dont have a piece in my mouth I go buy a pack.  I tell myself to get a grip and pep talks and they are useless.  Any ideas out there? 

0 Kudos
abdul-way

i'm scared straight i guess, i have two lumps under my neck and one on the inner part of my thigh, it may be nothing but i'm telling myself what if it's cancer lol

0 Kudos
smokin_marvin

hey whats up...man i definitely feel you..my last day of smoking was memorial day also and i been smoke free for 3 days now..its been a rough battle trying to fight off the urges but everytime i get a sudde urge to smoke i constantly just remind myself how disgusted i am of smoking cigarettes and its been pretty helpful..i want to develop a major hatred toward cigarettes that i will never think about smoking one cigarette ever again..chewing gum also helps me fight the craving

0 Kudos
shellhameen

hey everyone, three weeks today without a cigarette and Im starting to feel really good ,I walk in the evenings and chew gum when I get a really bad urge to smoke....stay strong everyone

0 Kudos
julie87

wow, day 1...I'm impressed with everyons effort. god bless and let us sleep and not smoke!!!

0 Kudos