cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amenius

COPD and Stopping Smoking

I have been diagnosed with COPD. I have been told to stop smoking. I have had shortness of breath now for about five months. I believe it is coming from the COPD. When I stop smoking will the shortness of breath go away and the coughing? It has been a hard road these last couple of months with my breathing and having bronchitis every other month. I have three inhalers now to breath. I don't like using them. But they help me to breath. Will I be able to get rid of the inhalers also when I stop smoking?

I am going to use the CVS brand of 21mg patch to start with and use the website for support. I have been a smoker for 30 years. I don't know it i can do it or not. I pray I can.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sunny_sandyd

I've been quit for 112 days now. When I quit I coughed all the time. Dr said allergies trigger my asthma which I have from years of smoking. 112 days later I'm coughing less and using my fast acting inhaler less. I started using advail about a month ago and it really seems to help. I'm sure not smoking is helping to. I'm just thankfull to have insurance because I couldn't afford advair without it. This website helped me alot in my quit. I think arming yourself with information is vital. It is just something you really have to want to do to be successfull. Also you have to stay busy you don't realize how time comsuming smoking is untill you quit. Well good luck to you and you can send me mes on my mes board anytime you want.

0 Kudos