cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

30 DAYS!!!

riceshontae
1 7 8

Today marks the 30th day that I have been smoke free. My journey started roughly a month ago as the date I would be ordained as a minster quickly approached. I was led by the Holy Spirit to quit. He  sort of posed it to me this way... "If you are busy doing my work and the urge for a cigarette comes, do you stop and go have one? I had never thought about how if service was going longer than It normally would and I could be worshiping God, how I would stop and think of going to have a cigarette. It was so weird for me because I never thought of it being that big of a deal until He spoke to me reagarding this. Well Id have to say that the first 48 hrs was the most difficult that Id ever been through. I was on an emotional rollercoaster, not knowing how to feel from one moment to the next. Cigarettes had become such a big part of my life. So many social aspects of my life depended upon having a smoke. Its day thirty and I can say that it has gotten a lot easiier, I only crave once daily and even then if I wait it out I can overcome the urge. Ive chewed lots and lots of peppermint flavored gum and will admit that Ive used it to help with the cravings for menthol flavored cigarettes. I pray that anyone who decides to quit will not give up and will push past the point where you want to stop as the reward is great!

7 Comments