cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

30 days since I quit smoking

Thyme
8 10 141

I have finally reached this milestone. I read on a text from BecomeAnEx that lung capacity increases by 30% a few weeks after you quit and I do feel that I can breathe much deeper now than I could before. Taking a really deep breath feels actually incredibly delicious instead of slightly painful and I can feel the air going all the way down to the bottom of my rib cage. I can breathe a lot easier when I’m running too. I’ve been rewarding myself for each week I remain smoke free—with a bath bomb, a French press coffee maker, and a Tupperware organizer. I will have to think of something special to celebrate 1 month! Last week I tapered down from 3/4/5 lozenges a day to no more than 3 and while it was tough for the first few days it now feels very comfortable and doable. I will remain vigilant but I’m feeling very good about this and actually happy to be quitting. I wake up actually excited to drink my coffee and log on to the website, my new morning routine. Thank you to BecomeAnEx and to all of you for giving me so much help and support.

10 Comments