cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jederer

Withdrawal

How do u manage the getting sick with withdrawal!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
champsin97

You just have to do anything you can to get through the first week.  Thats why they call it Hell week.  As time goes by withdrawl symptoms will subside.  Pledge everyday and post when you need support.  

Barbscloud

@Jederer   I looks like today is your quit day.  If so that's fabulous.

Keep busy and keep moving.  Exercise, like walking, is a great way to replace the dopamine lost when quitting.  The increase of the "feel good chemical" will help you get through early on. 

And use deep breathing exercises will also help you through this tough time.

Barbscloud_1-1682518700852.gif

Just remember  that it will get easier, so it's worth the effort it takes in the beginning. 

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

Jederer

Thank u… it helps to be reminded.. of what you prepare yourself for… the light headed feeling.. and nausea is probably my biggest problem… at least it comes and goes! I stayed busy all day and kept myself occupied!!! 

biscuit9

What tools are you using?  Licorice sticks, hard candy, blow through straws, walk the block, work on a quit project, journal and write out your feeling, hot baths, etc.?  These things matter right now.  We all had to distract and delay and we used our tools, to that end.  Carry a good smelly object, and there are several nrt's that people use as well.  You just don't want to sit there and dwell on the quit.  I used alot of visualization to get through the first week....in other words, see yourself as a nonsmoker and put in the work to achieve it.  Stay strong and do not smoke.

Jederer

Thank you so much for such encouraging words!!!! I will get thru this!!!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nicotine withdrawal can be tough, but hang in there! Things will get easier as your body gets use to living without the nicotine. Put a plan in place to handle your cravings.  When there is a plan in place for getting through withdrawals, you’ll have an easier time with when you know your how to distract yourself.

Here is article that can be helpful: https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/stay-quit/how-do-i-handle-my-smoking-cravings...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Quitting might not be a lot of fun to start, but stick with your decision, take it easy on yourself, keep your goals simple and doable one hour, one day at a time. Your quit will become a treasure like no other. 

Screenshot_20231231-215223.jpg323904809_1208377589770425_5267243791019261933_n.jpgScreenshot_20221025-074827.jpg20220808_163610.jpg

0 Kudos