cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

spirit4

question

I don't understand how to do the tracking of cigarettes. Do you write down everytime you smoke one an why? for 3 days. Before you start cutting down.

I joined in the past an was without a computor for awhile , I am back now. Yes still smoke, I really dont want to anymore. Been smoking way to long an it scares me on what it has possibly done to me.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Well this is my first time on here and yes i believe you write it down or if you have an iphone get the app...its so you can see what triggers your cravings and how to manage them after you quit so you can stay quit. hang in there you can do it.

0 Kudos
amethyst3

O.K. is there somewhere on here to write your cig. tracking info. from your piece of paper daily to have a record of it during your three days, and beyond?

0 Kudos
amethyst3

I apologize~ I guess I should introduce myself and give a little history here. I am Natalie, almost 46, and have smoked since I was a child. I had quit for two and a half years and picked them up again when there was an extremely stressful situation in my family and I haven't put them down since. I have tried 4 or 5 times and it lasts maybe a day. The sad thing is I hate smoking and don't even likr the taste of them  but it's the first thing I do in the a.m. and the last thing I do at night. I would really like to get through this and be able to say in five years, "Yes I used to smoke but never again and not for five years now!!"   I'm hoping to become a non smoker for the last time. Thank you for your time

Brightest Blessings

0 Kudos
wolf8

How do I get the Cigarette tracker to change from December 2010 to January 2011?

0 Kudos
john1955

HI I'm John. I'm new here. I started tracking my cigarettes three days ago. I try as best as I can to go one hour between cigarettes. I have had only two times when I didn't make it the hour and there have been times when I've gone longer than an hour. I write down the time that I put the cigarette out and then don't have another until an hour from that time. That way I'm smoking every full hour instead of every 45 or 50 minutes. The only place I smoke is at home. I don't even smoke in my car. I've smoked over 40 years and have only been able to go about a year without smoking...I have hope this program and community will work for me. I also have a poem that I wrote that discusses the challenges my dad had with cancer. I read it when I feel like smoking. I don't know if this is allowed but if you go to my web site you can read and print out the poem. The address is www.movingforwardtogether.info ...good luck to each of you and thank you for being here for me.

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Welcome to all you newbies - you will find great support here.  However, most of us hang out in Blogs so click on that at the top of the page.  It would also help both you and us if you post some info about yourself on your homepage.  It makes it easier for folks with similar issues to relate to you.  Again, welcome.

0 Kudos
john1955

I thought I could add my cigarette tracking in the morning ionstead of before going to bed. I'm learning the program. It switched to today and I can't add yesterday's count. I smoked one more cigarette yesterday than the day before...it was an exceptionally stressful day. Yesterday I smoked 12 cigarettes.

I think I now understand that you .can add your cigarette after you smoke it...I'll try that. That would make more sense to me because it would be easier to identify the reason for the cigarette.

today I have been up since 6:30 am. It is now 7am. I have had a cup of coffee and didn't smoke. I will however have one with my second cup of coffee. I just thought I could put off smoking by adding yesterdays cigarette count.

Like I said, I'm learning the program. I'll try adding my cigarettes shortly after smoking. and I need to pick up some candy.

Happy New Year to all.

0 Kudos
firebabs

This is my first day.  So I too am not sure but will learn as I go.  Today was my first day and I have had 7 cigarettes.  Hope and pray I do better tomorrow.

0 Kudos