cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

alicia_eagle

First full day with no cigarettes!!!!!

This is my first full day with no smokes. I have been using puzzles to keep my mind and hands busy. If I get bored with the puzzle I use my slinky to distract myself. I have also been using suckers to help me. I did not intend to quit today it just worked out that way. I never set a quit date just a plan. My husband held on to a pack of cigarettes for me for the last 3 weeks to help me slowly cut back in preparation for me to quit. Everytime I asked him for one he would take his time getting it for me so that we could see if the feeling would pass. It seems to have helped because prior to quitting I told him no more for me. I have been down to 2-3 smokes a day for a couple weeks now and just couldn't get past it so when the pack was empty we agreed that he would not buy me anymore and neither would I. These are the tools I have used and am currently using. I hope maybe someone will benefit from what I have tried. Stay strong everyone! We can do this!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yaya2.6.10

Hooray for Day One and Welcome.  Most of us hang out in blogs so you will see more posts and get more comments if you click on that tab at the top of the page. 

0 Kudos