cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jennifer106

Day one, my poor family

Day one!!!!  I really haven't had cig since 10:00pm last night.  Using the patch and I put one on about 9:30am 6/1/10.

So, I took my 16 year old daughter's car to town to get some grocery's.  She has so much S*** on her review mirrow I was able to get some of her crap off of it and only one stupid thing wouldn't some off.  I got pissed and pounded my fist on the d**** dash board, my son (6) looked at me like what is going on momma.  I finally got it off.  Than she had some crappy music on in her car couldn't find my station on her radio and starded pounding on the button's to find my station.

So now you see that I can get a bit angry and it's not taking me much at all to get angry.  But I am determine to get through this and it's not going to be easy.

Quick question, are we allowed to cuss here?  As you can tell I cussed a few time but wasn't sure if I could typ it out all the way.

Thanks for listening.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jennifer106

Why isn't all of my post showing up.  The beginning isn't there.  😞

0 Kudos
sws

Tomorrow is one week for me. I am also using the patch. When I found myself getting really irritable, I would use the nicotine gum also. That took the edge off long enough for me to be in control again. Don't give up, you can do it!

0 Kudos
colleen409

using the patch and gum you are still depending on nicotine this worked for me no gum no patch no cravings after 7 days

http://paydotcom.net/r/79654/colleen409/26343259

0 Kudos
ada3

Hi Jennifer , I can relate to how your feeling. i am also on day one of quitting. I realized  i am annoyed and dont really have a reason to be other than not smoking. I have just been trying to take it easy and have avoid contact with  my husband and daughters who are 18 and 26 just so i dont take out my annoyance on them . I have a patch on but omg i am still craving that cig. I been trying to keep busy with cleaning my room to get rid of the stale smoke odor.  We can get through this. So many have.

0 Kudos