cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jeff30

obviously not alone!!!

Wow, so many responses I'm Just going to say a blanket THANKS. So much caring and great Ideas. Since yesterday I hve come up with a couple of my own.
I've picked a month to quit, now it's up t the date. Triggers and tools to quit have also been considered. I think I'll pick a day off day as I'm allowed to smoke at work and many of my clients do. I might just stay online the whole day so I can get Y'alls help and encouragement. I was too young to remember having a smokefree lifestyle and yes I am seeing alot of the negatives at this point. What I should realize without setting myself up for failure is its' not the end if I fail. Only when I quit trying to quit will I have failed. A Mantra maybe?
Thanks again folks and keep on keepin on. JT
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jeff,

Congratulations on making a great decision! By being receptive to the information on the becomeanex web site, It was easy for me to quit. And there are so many others here who have been through the same thing, and someone is always there to relate. For me I think the biggest thing has been identifying my triggers and making sure i hold off before acting on them. Also I used nicorette for the first 5 or so day. I still use a piece now and then, but over all it's been easy. It's all about making the commitment. So consider this another hand extended for help, because with out the support I've gotten from others here, I don't think i would have made it. Rock on and good luck!

I have been quit for 1 Week, 1 Day, 16 hours, 37 minutes and 17 seconds (8 days). I have saved $30.41 by not smoking 173 cigarettes. I have saved 14 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/19/2008 1:33 AM
0 Kudos
cindy25

If you post it....they will come! LOL Good work in progressing toward your smoke free life! Remember one step at a time- just keep movin'!
0 Kudos
hothula

great mantra, sometimes it takes practice learning how to quit and be smoke free. for a lucky few it takes just one solid good try. you really can do this
0 Kudos