cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

maria-whitney

Patches burn my skin

I have tried the patches. I put my first patch on June Ist and I still have the burn marks on my skin. I really can't afford to keep trying other aids
0 Kudos
7 Replies
banter

Quitting cold turkey is always an option. If you've tried it before and it didn't work, that doesn't mean it won't work for you this time with the right tools, knowledge and attitude. Statistically, 91% of those that have quit smoking over 1 year quit cold turkey. Think about people that you've talked to that have long term quits, most likely they quit cold turkey. You can do it too.

Let me know if you'd like more information on this.
0 Kudos
lisa19

i tried the patch too, and it burned and itched. i had to tear it off fast!!! i use the gum now, it helps alot. you can't bring back the opened patches. they won't take em back. i know, i tried.
0 Kudos
maria-whitney

Thank you all for your support, I'm trying the "Cold Turkey" method. It is diffucult but I am determined to become an EX. I have just spent the price of a pack on Sugar Free candy and pumpkin seeds. The deep breathing technique is quite helpful also. Again thanks for you advice.
0 Kudos
banter

Excellent news Maria, www.whyquit.com is one of the best information sources for cold turkey. I like the boards here too for getting support and seeing friends.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

What are your reasons for quiting?

How determned are you to quit?

To me if you have a winners attitude and determination you can do this cold turkey. You must be prepare for the craves and the triggers you will have to take a puff again. I prepared a Crave Kit that included something smelly like Vic vapor rub under my nose to help me get through craves. I have more in the Words of WIsdom Group with the post - Crave Kits Can Save Quits.

You might get some help by pledging daily with us not to smoke in the Daily Pledge group. You might even be a believer and then you can do it the easiest way possible and stay smoke free just with thanks and praise.

Most of all just believe in yourself and love yourself so much that you will not accept any excuses to continue poisoning yourself with cigarettes.

U CAN DO IT !
0 Kudos
manofsteele

What are your reasons for quiting?

How determned are you to quit?

To me if you have a winners attitude and determination you can do this cold turkey. You must be prepare for the craves and the triggers you will have to take a puff again. I prepared a Crave Kit that included something smelly like Vic vapor rub under my nose to help me get through craves. I have more in the Words of WIsdom Group with the post - Crave Kits Can Save Quits.

You might get some help by pledging daily with us not to smoke in the Daily Pledge group. You might even be a believer and then you can do it the easiest way possible and stay smoke free just with thanks and praise.

Most of all just believe in yourself and love yourself so much that you will not accept any excuses to continue poisoning yourself with cigarettes.

U CAN DO IT !
0 Kudos
khrystyna

I had the same problem with the patch. I wound up with a rash that itched like hell. In fact, that was my excuse for going back to smoking. Don't do that! As far as the cost - think of what you would be spending on cigarettes. The aids actually cost a lot less. If you figure at $5 a pack, and the aids cost $40, that is only 8 days of cigarettes. Tell yourself, if I can afford the cigarettes, I can afford the aid to stop smoking.

I really like using the lozenges. I can use them whenever and no one has to know.
0 Kudos