Patch burn

I stopped using the patch on my arm because it burned 

image.jpg

Candice Abbott
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
biscuit9

Oh dear!  I never used one, but that is not normal, is it??

Barbscloud

@Candi2587 I can be a side effect for some.  Have you been putting the patch on the same spot?

Barb

I stopped for the same reason. Then, the area stated irritated for literally weeks eventually to gradually go away. I never tried the patch since, but wonder if it had to do with the dosage strength.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks like you having a bad reaction to the patch @Candi2587. I would defiantly reach out to your physician if the problems persist. 

Quiana, EX Team 

EX Community Admin Team
Candi2587

Thank you everyone I was thinking maybe it was the doseage not to sure but I have not put them on anymore 

Candice Abbott
Barbscloud

@Candi2587 Candice, so how is the quit going?  Is 30 days right?

Barb

0 Kudos
Maki

I feel this info is worth noting for patch users . 

Quote : source : Mayo.org.  
“ Mild itching, burning, or tingling may occur when the patch is first applied. This should go away within 24 hours. Call your doctor if you have a rash or if your skin is swollen or red. Do not put on a new patch.“ 

“ The opaque NicoDerm® CQ patch may cause skin burns when used during a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan. You must remove the patch before an MRI procedure.” 
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/nicotine-transdermal-route/side-effects/drg-20068808?p=....

0 Kudos