cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ree

May Quitters

just signed up and finished my profile. I have picked my quit date and it happens to be in May. so I decided to join the other May quitters. Good Luck to all you May quitters
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
292 Replies
lisamo

I live in tobacco country and you def see less tobacco fields over the years...not such a cash crop anymore...
0 Kudos
nightshine

well, cigs are way up in prices, pretty soon its going to be ten bucks a pack, i bet. can you imagine spending 10 dollars a day or in my case if i bought them? screw the tobacco companies lol. plus, my son wants to be like mom and says he's never going to smoke, but if he does, i'm going to have a talk with him for sure. i tell him how hard it is to quit and how addictive it is and the health problems....he knows of cancer from school. but i tell him, DO NOT LET ANYONE TALK HIM INTO IT. but thats a reason why i quit.......for my only son.
0 Kudos
nightshine

well edsel, whatever trips your trigger lol
0 Kudos
lisamo

you guys gonna have kids or you gonna stick with goats (GTO I presume) and dogs??
0 Kudos
Leenie

Hanging in here and doing okay. Still the coughing thing (delayed until now). But I don't seem to feel a big urge to smoke. I do get the funny breathing thing which is some sort of anxiety, I think. If I exercise or read or watch a movie or something it goes away.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Leenie
0 Kudos
nightshine

working on day 46......already!!! on the 14mg patch, no problems really. even with my mother driving me CRAZY. i'll spare you the details plus i'm too tired to write it all lol. but i noticed that people aren't posting so i wanted to put my word in that i'm still getting there.

have a great...non stinky....day!!!!!
0 Kudos
lisamo

Hello to ??????????? May quitters?? It's so strange how I turned to this group SO often in those first few weeks, and would have smoked without this group.....fastforward to today.......I just finished working 7 out of the last 9 days (12 hr shifts) and still don't smoke!! So hello to anyone out there from May quitters! Hope y'all are doing well and still living the increased oxygen life!!
0 Kudos
andi

Hi all.
  Still here. Still smoke-free. Getting busier and busier....
  Hope your'e all doing well.
0 Kudos
nightshine

working on day 48 🙂

not bad as far as cravings or anything. sure, i think about it, but its getting easier to push those out of my head. no cravings that i have to clench my jaw for 20 minutes and get mentally and physically exhausted anymore, thank goodness.

buying pretty things though lol. i have a lot of body piercings and i just made one more a few days ago. i love these things lol. theres 2 more that i want, but trying to convince "someone special" to do it. If not, i'll do it.....i did the other ones, except my first two. anyway, i bought jewelry at the lowest price i could find that fits way better than the ones that i had to pierce with. and some gorgeous semi precious stud earrings in different colors to go in my 6 ear piercings. and figured out my first tattoo as a tribute to my little (big) brother who died way too early. but again, i'm waiting for that "someone special" to go with me to get it done because he has 6 and knows what i will be going through and with be a whole lot of comfort. but i'd do those 3 things tonight if i could lol. did i say that i'm inpatient....like always?

but anyway, i'm so glad that i quit!!!!!!!! life is getting back to its normal, boring self. i barely noticed stepping down in patches. i swear i gained 5 lbs. in the past few days....one side effect of being a woman lol. but i do feel liberated 🙂

edsel,

hows your poor puppy dog feeling? i'm glad that you caught it before something really bad happened to her. 6 weeks? like....wow! that is so awesome. is it getting easier and into your lifestyle without to much of a problem now?

it is funny that when we quit, we would post everyday, sometimes a few times a day going through the same things and giving eachother support and such. and now, i guess everyone is getting used to not smoking because they aren't yelling "HELP" anymore. i'm not complaining about that at all. but i do wonder how everybody's life is going :-p. you guys became my friends real, real quick and thank you all for being basically my only support system, especially during the first few weeks.
0 Kudos
nightshine

alright, alright.......a few hours away from day 48 lol
0 Kudos