cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kristy11

Where are all the May quitters????

Just curious since I hit my 50 day mark yesterday....how is everyone doing still? Are we here less and less, and post less and less because we have found so many other things to do besides surf the internet and smoke????

Loving my quit...loving my new life...loving exercising....loving not smelling like stinkarettes!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
sherri10

Hi Kristy,

I quit back in May also and I was just wondering the same thing. I've been here a lot. Made some friends here, which keeps me coming back here to chat with them. I think coming back often helps me stay quit.

I have been quit for 1 Month, 4 Weeks, 1 Day, 11 hours, 13 minutes and 13 seconds (59 days). I have saved $713.60 by not smoking 3,568 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 5 Days, 9 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/7/2008 1:15 AM
0 Kudos
kev2

Hey Kristy!

I'm still here and still not smoking. It will be 2 months for me in a few day. I cant believe it!! I'm glad to see youre still doing great!!

Kev
0 Kudos
candice-smith

i'm still here 6 weeks yesterday!
0 Kudos
nan7

Hi, I am still quit from May 23. Today is day 45. Am on the site about every day. It helps me and I just like the people here. I am doing the entire patch process, so am going to the 7mg in 3 days. Bets the heck out of 45 sickerettes per day.

So to all of us: KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOUR DOING, ITS WORKING !!!!!

Photobucket
0 Kudos
andrea10

I'm still here although it has been a real issue for me. My trigger is talking on the telephone and that has taken some getting used to but...I've managed. I've not been good at keeping track as I was just in Europe. And yes, I had a few cigarettes. It was very difficult not to since everyone I know from work there smokes. However, since coming back in mid-June, I've gone back to a non-smoker lifestyle. I'm working out pretty much every day - and trying to be with friends that hate smoking to begin with....Yes there are still days when I just want a cigarette with my coffee - or when I'm on the telephone having a particularly difficult business conversation. I just want to scream sometimes. But I've learned not to beat myself up about the feelings and just sip at a bottle of water that I pretty much carry with my constantly. That seems to work and I know from reading all about the rest of you - that this too shall pass and in another 2 months - I'll be that much closer to not thinking about smoking at all. I have a friend who quite 18 months ago - he has been a great support. He just ran a marathon and was just thrilled at how quickly he could recover.
Here's to everyone still hanging in there - I'm loving being quit too - no more pariah - no more smoking outside restaurants. No more stinky clothes....
0 Kudos
john-h.

Congratulations on the 50 day mark, Kristy! I am still here ... I quit May 10, so I'm approaching two months. It's been tough. I've gained about 10 pounds and still struggle when my triggers (coffee, phone calls, yelling/complaining, worrying) are present. It's getting easier, though -- exercise, taking a step back from tough situations to breathe/calm down, and fruit smoothies are all helping.

stay strong!!!
0 Kudos

man, i'm still here! congratulations to you on your 50 days... coming up on two months on the 13th of this month but i have to say that it feels like a lot longer - and that's a good thing!

it's true - i just about stopped posting because i've realized that smoking had kept from doing much outside of smoking and the things that triggered me to smoke.

like you, i am loving my new life... loving exercising... loving not worrying about contaminating my daughter with it! (and loving knowing that i'll be around to not contaminate her with it!)

and congratulations to everyone still going strong and well wishes to those of you still trying... you all can do it.
0 Kudos
kellyeh

Congrats to all the May quitters! I'm smoke-free 48 days now. It is still difficult, but I'm making it! I spend less and less time on the site, too. It sure did help when I needed it!
0 Kudos
Kristy11

WOW! Ask and you shall receive, huh???

Glad to see quite a few still come here and post often for support! (the site in general)

Congrats Sherri for being quit a month! When you get your two months your gonna really start to feel the change...

KEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My GH3 and Rock Band compadre!!!!! Have you taken the mic out of the box yet??? You know you wanna sing 🙂 As for me...thinking of buying a guitar for real now and learning how to play. The obsession is creating all new forms! Glad to see your almost at your two month mark! I know how bored you said you were at one point from not smoking... glad to see your still going strong!

Nice job Candice!!! When i was at 6 weeks it felt like I had been quit forever.... Now I am starting to feel like I never smoked!

YAY NANCY! Your only 9 days behind me... I am so pumped to see such good lengths of time quit around here!

Glad to see your still battling the Nicodemon Cliff! Nice to see another one of my friends still going strong!

Debbie - whats not to love right???? YOur doing great!

Andrea... glad to see your back "on the wagon"! Just remember there is always gonna be a situation where your gonna be around a bunch of smokers sooner or later. YOu are so much stronger than that my friend! So kick butt! 🙂 Congrats on dropping them when you came back home... I don't think I could of handled the withdrawals again!

Hey Hothula!!!! Thanks for the support...AS ALWAYS!!!

I feel your pain John! That is why I bought a treadmill....worth every penny! I lost a few pounds pretty fast because I also changed the way I was eating (i.e. not stuffing my face every second), but gained it back at a work function. Now it is taking a little more time. I exercise everyday...so its not me who is yo-yo ing...its my body! If thats even possible! ha ha! But seriously...set aside some time to go for a walk at least three times a week for 30 minutes...you will notice a huge difference. Men are lucky...you can slim up fairly quick!

Thanks Brian! And congrats on your soon to be two months! You quit date is on my birthday! I decided to quit the day after so I could keep celebrating! Not that I need an excuse...just love my birthday alot! ha ha!

Keep going Kelly! Your doing fantastic! Two more days until another milestone for you... I really believe that is what has kept me going! and your right...this site was my saving grace that first month! But I do miss it so...
0 Kudos