cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ree

May Quitters

just signed up and finished my profile. I have picked my quit date and it happens to be in May. so I decided to join the other May quitters. Good Luck to all you May quitters
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
292 Replies
andi

Good morning all. For the first time since Monday morning, I'm not in tears from the pain in my mouth. So, it's a BEAUTIFUL day as far as I'm concerned! I had a root canal re-done on Monday, and it nearly killed me Tuesday. Yesterday I went back to the dentist in tears. She did some more to it, and gave me some relief. Now it's a bearable amount of pain/soreness deep in the gums/bone. Before, I really thoght I was going to have to kill someone!
0 Kudos
nightshine

ugh, mouth pain....i'm into it too, girl. no root canals, least i dont think lol. that must be an awful feeling though! mouth pain, chronic or acute for a few days is the worse.

i'm glad that its just about all good for you.
0 Kudos
nightshine

holy shit lol. i'm about to start my 39 day, at 3 am lol.

red sox are giving the yankees spankings eh? Have a beer in celebration for me edsel. i already had enough to drink lol. i was at my mom's and didnt even realize that she was smoking. but, no game, discovery channel about piranhas 😛

so you are just a hair's breath behind me, well done, my man!

keep going everyone! hearing how people are doing helps others too 🙂
0 Kudos
nightshine

i didnt think i would make it this far and have high hope about the future too....for all of us. starting and stopping is not my thing either. she doesnt smoke that much either, so maybe its easier for her to do that. if shes having breathing problems at that rate, yeah shes going to have to quit soon.

great luck to both of you!!!!
0 Kudos
nightshine

hehehe, i'm a couple hours almost from portland. i love all dogs!

have a great night, talk to you soon and let me know how you are doing!
0 Kudos
dawnmarie

TGIF Pictures, Images and Photos
0 Kudos
andi

43 days and counting!
  Is it just me, or do y'all actually find it easier to NOT smoke around your smoking friends WHILE they're smoking? I find it less tempting when they've actually got one lit up, puffing away, smelling like crap than when we're just sitting together, cigs on the table, looking all delicious (LIES!). It's funny, but I've had a couple friends try not to smoke around me, to be supportive. And I've told them- hey, do what you wanna do. It REALLY doesn't bother me!
0 Kudos
lisamo

Good Morning all! Andi, I am going thru the same thing with my smoking friends...I still like to go out with them and talk/break but when they try to avoid blowing it out near me I say don't bother, it doesn't disgust me nor smell enticing to me...it just is what it is and I don't feel the need to do it myself today. I was just out with the lady I work for on a smoke break, I just don't anymore!Congrats on your 43, I can't see my counter on my phone so I really don't know how many I have but it's at least 35+ I just feel so much better now that I'm off the patch too...Happy Day to y'all! Lisamo
0 Kudos
nightshine

hey everyone, just checking in and saying that i am not smoking. dont really want to when i think about it. dropping down to 14's on monday......the dr wants me to take it very slow and he is right, considering my situation.

today has been up and down .....well....last night and today. sometimes, i'm argumentative 😛 but thats not because of not smoking.......although it comes out a bit more. but oh well. i'll make up for it with the people that i care for.

have a great day everyone.
0 Kudos
nightshine

I was wondering when people think that they are an ex? when the nrt runs out? a few weeks after that? when they get life back together without smoking? see, i'm just a few hours away from 41 and this is the farthest i've gone, but i dont really think I'm an ex yet. It is just a personal decision? my patches wont run out for 2 months and then after that.......i have no idea. sometimes i think of going back, but think of that day that i did temporarily and the fact that it didnt do anything anymore. but it doesnt stop the thought that creeps up sometimes. anyway, i dont personally feel that i am an ex because i am still getting help. and with basically no energy. maybe i have to cut back on my medicine because i really dont have the boost of 30 cigs a day.

but edsel, i am smoke free 😛 i'm glad that you are too!
0 Kudos