cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ree

May Quitters

just signed up and finished my profile. I have picked my quit date and it happens to be in May. so I decided to join the other May quitters. Good Luck to all you May quitters
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
292 Replies
shallon

my quit date is April 17th, But the merry merry Month of May will be my true test of trials and tribulations with these upcomming weeks...I'm an new to this site, i believe i have my profile all updated and mindset to commit to myself of being a non smoker again, I say again becuz not only will be my 2nd time of before the peer pressure of adolestance and growing into motherhood in early 20's i stopped smoking while i was pregnant, if i can do it for another life, why not my own too... good luck to everyone, this site is a great inspiration and ultra super loaded with info and entertaining video clips... We can do it! it just takes one second at a time!

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.
0 Kudos

my QD is 5/1, nervous and excited!!!
0 Kudos
ree

Hey!! all you May quitters. Im starting to get nervous because May will be here in just Ten days!! i picked my B-day to be my quit date which is the ninth, so i'm lucky for those few extra days 🙂 but all the same i am still nervous. I have been going back and forth about if i was going ot try to stop cold turkey or if i should try the gum, if any of y
0 Kudos
ree

you all have thought about which method will use. let me know!! help!
0 Kudos
shallon

my method was cold turkey, not by true choice, just expense, i refuse to give any more money to the tabacco companies that got me into this mess, now i have to get myself out, it only hurts for a little while about 2-3 days, then it's just the habit and the lifestyle changes you have to make along with it... whichever method you choose, it's for the better for your health...
http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/howshouldiquit/g/coldturkey.htm
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Smoking_the_financial_cost?OpenDocume...
0 Kudos
brendan3

Hi,
  I wore a patch today because i had an internal flight for a meeting, meaning no real oportunity to smoke. I was actually surprised how i didn't really think about cigarettes at all except once when i left the airport and seen lots of people smoking. I had a cigarette when i came home this evening but the stress of the day did'nt really seem to bother me. This has made me extremely happy and i'm confident that i can do it this time. I'm thinking my quit day should be next Monday. until then I'm smoking very few.
0 Kudos
erika2

As I get closer to my quit day (May 1) the more anxious I get! I realized that I have defined myself as a "smoker", and keep having the thought..."If I am not a smoker... who am I?" and "If I don't smoke, what am I go to do?" Even though I know that this is ridiculous the thoughts keeps churning in my head, and I think that this may be the hump that I have to get over in order to become smoke free!

0 Kudos

i drove one exit from work before letting myself light up last night...just an experiment!!! i ate ice and sang w/ the radio, it's wasn't too bad, i'm going to drive one exit further every day until the big QD on may first!!! i am also really nervous and anxious, but looking forward to being a non-smoker, just have to get through those first few days!!! fyi: i live in ohio and ohio has a program where they will pay for your first few weeks of nicotine replacement therapy, it's called "ohio quit line", you can google it for the #, other states may offer this as well???
0 Kudos
danielle

Erika I'm so with you on that. I keep thinking to myself well if I quit smoking what am I gonna do for the rest of my life. I mean I've wasted all those precious minutes smoking and now that I'm trying to get them back what am I gonna do with. I started out by not bring smokes in the car with me so that makes it almost an hour driving without smokes. And then all day with out one. It's weird I can go all day at work without smoking but the minute I get home I have one and the another and another. I have been working on the waiting five minutes before having one and finding other things to do but it still is in the back of my mind "what am I gonna do after I finally kick the smoking".
0 Kudos
erika2

Danielle,
  I am so grateful that I am not alone in my thinking.
  I started out the same way. That was my first big step was not smoking in the car. My drive is only about 25 minutes each way but in that time I usually had 2-3 cigs. I too am doing good during the day. I have 2-3 at work but then get home and just want to smoke and smoke.
  As I weather gets better I am hoping to get out of the house to do things and just leave the cigarettes at home!
0 Kudos