cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kim_neakok92

Hope to get support

I'm a mother of a 1 year old boy. And I can almost go through a pack a day. And the pack of cigarettes where i am from they cost $9.89. And I know i smoke lots, and the more i smoke i can get cancer faster. And i really want to be there for my son when he graduates, when he get married, when he start having kids of his own. I want to see him grow up, i want to be in his life and show him you don't need to smoke to be cool. And show him what smoking does to you. So i am going to quit on September 2, 2013 (my grandma's birthday) and everyday i will write in a journel and talk about how i feel and how my reactions are, because i get pretty mad and another word for a 'female dog' and i dont want my son to grow up to that. So starting Today i am going to write how much cigarettes i smoked, how i feel and explain why i want to quit. I want to live longer, take adventure with my son and my husband to be as much as we can. And most of all i want is whats best for my son a mother who is trying to be healthy, active, and a non smoker.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
connie90

Hi, I am really happy for you that you will be quiting.  I quit Jan 11 2013 and it was easier than I thought it would be.  I still get cravings, but refuse to light up.

My Dad was just diagnosed with lung cancer, so I am glad that I have quit. 

Stick with it, and you're son will be healthier for sure!

Connie

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

We all hang out in the blogs! Come join us...xo

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos
zina2

hello my name is zina, just started this web site  last night. still reading alot and try to find my way arond here ok  i'm still smoking but tried to cut down today have smoked about 15 cigs today  i was up at 6am , what i need to find a way not to light up when i frist get up  i light up right after bath room, and making coffie , then it's right to smoke after that , some times before all that.  maybe if i could get past that frist hour or two i could do even better  thanks for listening                                                                         

0 Kudos
kim_neakok92

I still smoke, not as much as i used to. I cut down, i had less then 10 cigarettes yesterday. today i lost count, if i didn't give any cigarettes out maybe like 18 out of 20 would be missing from my pack of cigarettes. My mother smokes. And soon she gots an appointment to see if she has cancer. My aaka (grandmother) had cancer she fought, and two years ago she passed away. But I stayed with her help her do what ever she needed me to do. And in the end was hard. And if my mom got cancer, i don't know what i would do. I seen what cancer does to you. Its hard. And if she has cancer the doctors think it is spreading around. And I don't want my son to worry about this when i get older. Its hard to see a family member suffer.

0 Kudos
mamagoosse

I am the mother of a 9 month old girl and I so get where you are coming from ... I lost my mom at 15 from an asthma attack and she was a smoker. I will not do this to my daughter. This site seems like it is going to be helpful . My quit date is September 5 th. you can do this 

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

We all hang out in the blogs! Come join us...xo

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos