cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

wendymay

Hi! I am new here, and am scared I will fail...

Hi All,

I am 43 years old, with an extreme addiction to nicotein. I try to quit smoking nearly every day. My quit date is June 13, 2013. I am going to have bariatric surgery in November and have to quit smoking NOW. I quit smoking in 1998 and had a huge depression in 2005, and I began smoking and have mostly been smoking ever since. I have quit for two or three weeks a couple of times; however, I thought, "Oh just one won't hurt!" And was instantly re-addicted. Or it seems like it. I know I might slip up, but this time, I hope to pick myself right back up again and resist my urges. I am hoping that this site and group of people will be the "push" that I need and the encouragement, the strength of a group, and accountability has to offer.

Thanks for reading,

Wendy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jlee12330

I'm new as well and nervous of failing also. I've been in the same boat as far as quitting and then smoking just one leads to buying a full pack two days later. Just keep in mind the reasons you are quitting and how important it is to your health. It will be rough the first couple of weeks, but just take it one day at a time. I think you'll do great!

0 Kudos
coffey13

Can anyone give me instructions on how to actually post your introduction rather than to comment on someone elses? Thanks, and good luck on this goal. Remember unless its affixed in your mind that you absolutely wanna quit, then you never will.

0 Kudos
misty_dawn

We all hang out in blogs.

Click the link and come join us!

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos