cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jennibiris

Hey all

I'm new here. I just found this website today vie Facebook and I love it! It'll take some getting used to though. My info is on My page so please check it out. I'd love to hear any feedback as well as give any feedback to you. Feel free to message me.

Take care and best of luck on your journey to quitting 🙂

jenibiris

0 Kudos
3 Replies
waco2

Welcome! I hear ya on your bio there. I'm 27 and just been smoking for 4 years and totally felt the same effects. It made me paranoid to even look in the mirror. I started to see wrinkles everywhere (even if most were just in my imagination) , it just made me feel old and took away so much of my get up and go. It's funny how we have no concerns when we first start huh? We just feel invincible, but it's impossible to keep that feeling when it's effects start hitting you. Anyways, I'm on day 12 of cigarettes, and trust me, if I can do it, you can do it. It took me 5 tries or so, never getting past 2 days without smoking, but something will finally click, just don't give up and keep trying. Sounds like you're taking some steps and have a good head on your shoulders, so good luck

0 Kudos
jennibiris

Thanks for the support Waco. I'm been doing well with sticking to just 5, no more, but it's been a struggle to go down to 4. It has been easier to stay away from cigarettes during the week because I don't really go out aside from going  to work so I only smoke the bare minimum while heading to/from work. Do you have any advice on how to cope when I'm outside with friends? I feel the craving is strongest when I'm out and about downtown It helps with the bit of anxiety I have. You said you're on day 12 of no cigarettes? You're doig great, keep going! My quit date is next month so I really need to step on it and move forward with the process. It's just been a struggle but this website provides a lot of resources and support, it's great.

Best of luck on your journey to quitting!

0 Kudos
catlady4

Hang in there, I went on the patch on  Oct 13, 2010 and have been smoke free for 31 days. Except for the rash and itching I get from the patch  it hasn't been bad. I had nightmares about not ever having a cigarette but so far I've fought the demons and won. If I can do it, You can too.

0 Kudos