cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rere

Hey all, I am Rea

Hey all, I am Rea. I am a 40 something-year-old lady who has been smoking since I was 21. It was actually my teenage son who turned me onto this website. That fact hit home and I sat and cried. For me the biggest reason to quit is the fact that I want to be around to see my twins be the successful people that they ar destined to be. Another reason is that I am (and please excuse the cliche`) sick and tired of being sick and tired. Also the fact that the price of smokes is outragious. A starting point for me after the 3 day track was to print out  in large bold letters $7 times 365 days (cigarettes average about $7 here in Maryland) and and paste it on my mirror in my room and on the refridgerator.

In doing the 3 day track I have slowed down the smoking when I realized when and how I felt when I was smoking. it is amazing what a powerful habit this is and how we continue to smoke without even thinking about it.

Anyway, this is me and I hope that we all can support each other in this path.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joe59

You came to the right place.  This is a great place to meet people who are feeling the same thing as you, as you are feeling it, and there is great advice that is real.  When did you quit and had you quit before?

0 Kudos
rere

hi Joe,

Thanks for replying back. Actually I am in the first stages with doing the exercises and all. I have set a quit date for jan 22nd. I had quit for a year when I found out that I was pregnant in 1993 and again for three months when a family member had gotten really ill in 2000. since then I had stopped for a day or two, but not much longer than that. So I guess I too am a newbie to this, again...:)

0 Kudos
julievanv

What a great idea to print out the expense! I'm going to do that. You sound like you have the right attitude to make quitting a success. You might consider trying the patch. I wish you all the luck and fortitude in the world!

0 Kudos