cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kathryn-jean

Hey All! New Here!

Hi Everyone..how are you? Good here..my name is Kathryn Jean and I just quit smoking 6 days ago after many attempts. I am 36 yrs old and have emphysema and COPD already...I lost my Mom back in 1998 for the same thing..she was 58. My Dad is currently in remission with Lung Cancer...they were and are 4 pack a day smokers. I have a beautiful 4 yr old little boy and I just cannot bear to let myself die early and miss out on everything he is doing and watching him grow...Unfortunately as of right now I am going through bad, bad withdrawals and I am coughing really, really bad. Not sure if anyone else is but this is crazy. I really feel I have quit for good this time. Would appreciate all your feedback and support!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Brenda_M

Hi, Kathryn,

Welcome to Become An EX! I'm sorry you're going through withdrawals. It will get better soon. Just distract yourself; stay busy; play with your son.
0 Kudos
rebecca17

i just found this site and joined about half hour ago. i quit smoking in 1999 for 7 months and of course started again. I just quit again last thursday. i know that we all can quit smoking - just remember smoking is not an option. i glad all of you are here to help. stay strong for yourself and your son.
0 Kudos

Hi Kathryn, From what I hear, coughing is really a good thing for cleaning out your lungs. Everyone who quits goes through it I'm sure. I recently lost my dad to pulmonary fibrosis and am motivated to stay quit as well. Well do this together and support each other. Just stick with it no matter how bad it seems right now. It will definately get better!
0 Kudos
richard2

Hi Kathryn,I feel what your going through,you know what you have to do,so put it to work for yourself, so you could see your son grow up to be proud of his mom. No one said it would be easy,but the results are amazing.
0 Kudos
kathryn-jean

Wow everyone! Thanks so much for all the support! I made it through another day...I am going on 1 week!! Woohoo!! Hey all...do me a favor..ADD me on here so we can talk more and be friends so I can support you all too!! I am so excited about this and I am so proud of myself! I am proud of all of you 2! Please dont be strangers!
KJ
0 Kudos