cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gina28

Hello

Hi, my name is Gina and I am new to this site. I am ending day three and I seem to be doing pretty well, just very hungry all the time. I am trying not to eat everything in the house :)!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dee-quit

Hello Gina,  sounds like you are doing great! I wish you continued success! My quit day is friday jan 15,  I just found this site yesterday but I have been

planning this for two months and have smoked since I was in my teens and now 52.  Do whatever it takes to stay off the cigs..

Eating won't be a problem for  me as I could use some extra weight for sure....I read on here that drinking a cold glass of water helps in place of eating so you might try that..best to you!

Im prepared mentally but know that it will be a battle for me.  It takes a lot of determination and we can do it!  

0 Kudos
melissad8777

Hi there! My name is Melissa and my quit date is also January 15th! I have smoked for 15 years and am SUPER excited about quitting that I wonder if I shouldn't move up my date 😃 

Gina - keep up the good work. It sounds as if you have a good plan and know that you want this to be a forever thing. You should be proud 😃

0 Kudos
gina28

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement! It means a lot. I will take your advice on the water. Your right we can do it. We just need to stay focused. I wish you luck on Jan 15! You can do it. Vist the site often for support. It sounds like you have worked very hard a preparing. We will be rooting you on!!!

0 Kudos
gina28

Thank you Melissa! I am glad to hear that you are so excited to quit. Jan 15 will be here very soon. It sounds like you are on the right track. Stay positive. Good luck on Friday and visit the site often to keep you on track. I will be thinking of you guys on Fri. You can do it!!

0 Kudos
mlouden2

Good luck Gina and Melissa. My quit date was January of 2009 - so now I have been smoke free for 1 year after smoking for 20 plus years. You can do it - Believe me..........I loved smoking.........but I took it ONE DAY AT A TIME...... Good luck!!

Monica

Quit Date: January 5, 2009

Quit Method: Cold Turkey

0 Kudos
gina28

Hi Monica! I am so glad to hear that you have been smoke free for one year! What a great achievement. You must feel so much better. I love to smoke also but I am not going to do it. Thank you for the encouragement!

Gina

0 Kudos