cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mat3372

Hello

It has been 26 days now since I quit smoking. For the most part things are going well but I still do get cravings from time to time. I hope that feeling goes away soon...I am tired of feeling anxious over smoking. Tomorrow I start step 2 of the patch and over the next month ill get rid of the nicotine out of my system. I hope the withdraws from reducing patch size/mg of nicotine isn't too bad. I am a bit worried about that. I guess that will be tomorrows battle. I think the hardest part of quitting smoking for me has been when I am around my friends and my sister. They all smoke and it makes me want a cigarette. I try telling myself that the conflict on wanting/not wanting to smoke will get better over time but it sure does stink in the moment. Someone wrote a post on this site about the addict within. This post made a lot of sense to me....there is still a part of me no matter how small that still wants to smoke. I can only hope this part of me fades away with time. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope you all are having great success with your quitting!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
choozlife

I just joined the site ans see that there are many discusion threads without very many posts in them. So, thought I'd say Hi, my names Rachel and I understand how your feeling! I am starting the patch soon as well. I did the patch before but without a supportive site like this one. I am hoping I pull through this time. Just remember that when you do finally get to removing the last patch....don't temp yourself and find other things to do to replace the times you smoked, like walk around the block, get on facebook, look up jokes online, or start a new hobby. I also need to take my own advice, but wanted to encourage you. Oh,,, and once your done with all of this,,,,don't ever just pick up one and think it's ok. Thats how I started back up after ten years of not smoking. You can do this!

0 Kudos
mat3372

Welcome to the site and thanks for the encouragement!! I don't plan on picking up another one. Quitting is too hard and I don't want to go through this again. You're right filling up time with other things helps. I started using an elliptical machine...that keeps me focused on health and not smoking. I'm glad to see you decided to quit again. I know you can do it...you have already done it once! BTW, I like your screen name. Anyways, if you ever need help through a tough moment, you can find me or other friends here!!!! 

0 Kudos