cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

billsk

Hello ! I’m new here!

I’ve been looking all over the place on the internet to help me quit smoking cigarettes. My name is Kendra , I’m 18 . The law is changing over from 18 to 21 . I shouldn’t have ever started smoking . Now is my chance to switch my life. Good habits to replace smoking 

17 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX. Quittingis doable if you make quitting smoking your number one priority and make up your mind that you can.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke or vape is a good beginning.  Make a commitment never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept, not one puff ever. It is not by will power but your willingness to let it go forever.   Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit takes work.   Learning to protect your quit will keep on your journey forever freedom. 

Education is the key to successfully quit. Read, Study, Blog and be willing to do the work.  With the help of the EX Community, you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  For suggestions on how to go about quitting Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and review the videos and learn more about your triggers and how to prepare when the urges come.  Figure out how you are going to do it.  You are the one to decide.   I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info that was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and FreedomFrom Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating this site go to. Community Help‌This journey is one day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close.

ClearColors

Welcome Kendra! Great Decision! Good advice from Jackie above!  You are worth your quit.  You can do it.  Many of us wished we had done it at your age.

Hello CC!!!!

I made the jump based on your recommendation!!!

This looks like a fantastic landing place from the MightyQ!!!

Thanks again for your advice!!!

greg

constanceclum

Such a great time to quit smoking. You have barely any damage from the poison-probably. When you decide to have kids, you will have a totally healthy body to have a totally healthy baby.

Connie

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex. Glad you want to quit while your young and maybe able to prevent some of the health conditions associated with smoking.   Educating yourself about nicotine addiction and creating a quit plan, is a great way to begin this journey.  The support from this site made all the difference for me.   Decide if you want to do cold turkey, use NRT, or medication and get started!

Barb

0 Kudos
Giulia

Stickman Animated.gif    Howdy Kendra!  

What a great age to quit.  Wish I had.  You just sit back, read, learn then do.  Ask questions.  Support others on their journeys.  What we say to others reverberates in our own brains.  Glad you've joined us.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Hi Kendra, Welcome to Ex. Quitting is a one day at a time journey so the good habits you decide to engage in are also done one day at a time. If you like to walk, walk more. If you like to read, buy yourself a few new books. Etc. At first nothing can really replace the addiction and so you have to be willing to be a little uncomfortable while you are getting through the first week. You will build your quititude step by step as you go, don't worry about curing yourself on day one, just stick to it.

/blogs/Marilyn.H.July.14.14.-blog/2019/10/28/with-committment-we-can-will-succeed 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/newbie-quitters/blog/2019/01/27/one-of-the-greatest-tools-... 

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome Kendra - CONGRATS 2 DAYS

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

billsk‌ Welcome! Did you come over from Quitnet? Glad you're here!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos