cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

recently quit

Cbefree
3 7 115

Checking in because it helps me to type on this website, just maybe someone else? This is going to be a stream of consciousness writing because I need it.....read at your peril 🙂

5 days done, prior 2 days really rough, 2 hour walk/hike with my dog yesterday it was good after the start of my day being pretty dark. I'm finding so much triggers me, my mind is relentless with thoughts of cigarettes, I thought I remembered the patches being more effective in the past and there is some fear of going through this again 1st when I go from 14mg-7mg then of course 7mg-0. I wonder if folks choose not to use patches for this reason? Does it just prolong the cravings? Yes I agree that much of the addiction is triggers & those triggers are being broken by not feeding them but if we continue to flood our brains with nicotine doesn't it make sense the withdrawals will start again?  Only 3 more 14's so will soon find out. It's important to write something positive now: the up hills on yesterday hike WERE easier, still out of breath but able to take deeper breaths which speeded recovery. Enjoyed having coffee & reading newspaper indoors, very cold outside. Woke and got up at my normal time today. 

7 Comments
About the Author
Recently retired at 69 which means I've smoked for over 50 years! Serial quitter like many of you, this time it's different. I've never had an opportunity to stay this present in a quit. In reading old posts of mine, I welcomed feeling everything & do I ever! All feelings are heightened good/bad/indifferent. I've lived in the Sierra foothills since 2003, very happy to be retiring here and be addiction-free.